Whole Lotta Love

Dearest Dad, from this point until the chapter "Nobody's Fault But Mine", read at your own risk!

  Jimmy grabbed two guitars and left. Vicky didn't knew what to do, so she watched Robert get up and check himself out in the mirror. Vicky stood up and stretched. John Paul and John left, leaving just Vicky and Robert. She knew that she wanted to ask him questions about Led Zeppelin, but she didn't want to seem like the obsessed fan.

  "You probably want to know everything about Led Zeppelin, don't you?" Robert asked as she stood next to him in the mirror. Damn, are they all mind readers? she thought. She stuck her tongue out and screwed up her face, making him laugh.

  "It would be rude to ask," she spoke simply, sitting back down. "But it is normally the first thing on one's mind when they meet their favorite band, huh?"

  "Well, ask and I'll answer," Robert told the mirror. "Depending on the question of course."

  Vicky turned to face him. "Why are all your songs so long?"

  "Oh," he chuckled, "well, you see, we had a fight with the record company and--"

  "Are you flirting with my bird?" Jimmy interrupted as he walked in. He lent down a hand for Vicky to take. She took it and he pulled her up, then spun her as if they were dancing. She fell into him and instantly pushed away. But it was so wonderful, being right next to her idol and all. Vicky couldn't get the sting off her chest from where it had touched Jimmy. She was shaking even more.

  "She was coming on to me, Jim-Jam, I swear," Robert laughed and walked away, holding his hands up in surrendering. Vicky looked around Jimmy to try and tell Robert that she wasn't, not catching on to his sarcasm, but he had left. She looked up at Jimmy and smiled. He was amazing.

  "Come on, love, to my hotel room," he told her, putting his arm around her neck. She grinned and smiled at him. This is great, Vicky thought. Together they walked out of the room and down the hall.

  She had completely forgotten that she was still in the Civic Center, but there they stood, at the top of the stairs looking down at a half-demolished stage. Janitors were cleaning in between seats and the whole basketball court, carrying bags behind them.

  Jimmy took his arm off Vicky and trotted down the stairs, his hair bouncing wildly. Vicky followed a bit slower. When she had made it two steps down, Jimmy had already ran down all the steps. He power-walked toward a man in a business suit holding a rolled up piece of paper making directions and started a quick conversation.

  Vicky, after she had walked down the stairs, went to join them. She stood a bit away so that they didn't feel uncomfortable and put her hands in her back pockets.

  When Jimmy and the man cut their conversation, Jimmy walked over to Vicky and took her by the waist, leading her away and giving one last glance at the man. When Jimmy was sure the man wasn't looking, he returned his full attention to Vicky.

   All of the instruments had been taken to the tour bus, but the boys were to be riding in a limo. John Paul, Bonzo, and Robert were all in the back with girls on their laps. Some one had broken out a bottle of Champagne. I sat next to Jimmy on the farthest wall of the carpeted limo, smiling like an idiot because I had never ridden in one before.

   "Do you guys always ride in limos?" Vicky asked. "I would have figured you road in tour buses."

   "No, we ride on elephants," Robert snapped, his face serious but the humor in his eyes betraying him. Vicky sunk into the couch she was on and Robert grinned. "Only joking, sweetheart. We ride in submarines, preferably yellow."