Baby, I'm Going to Leave You

After the concert at The Spectrum, I didn't get time to get a girl to preoccupy me on the trip to New York. We all headed straight to the airport and boarded our private jet. Inside was a dead beige color, and all was silent except for the engine. Robert, John, Bonzo and I all sat down and talked.

  Rather than listening to our managers like was expected, I grabbed a Rolling Stone magazine and went to sit in a secluded chair in the back corner. I had been doing a lot of thinking. I hadn't had a girl since that one red head, and I convinced myself to forget about her... but I still knew everything about her that I had learned in those three hours we had been together.

  Her fiery red hair that fell over her band shirt amazingly, the wonderful cherry smell of those curly locks. Those two seductive grey slate eyes that had burned into my heart from the first time I saw her from on-stage. The pleasure of knowing that she, too, loved to paint, loved art as much as I. And who could forget those perfect... erm... never mind.

  As I flipped through the guitar section, someone addressed me in a sensual voice. I looked over the top of my magazine to see a beautiful African American woman in a tight stewardest's dress. 

  "Would you like something?" she asked. My stomach quivered. Jackpot!

  "Yes," I responded, thinking quickly of whether or not to use a cheesy pick-up line or not. "Could..." I sighed. No pick-up lines today. "Give me a nice hot tea, Beautiful, with sugar and milk."

  "You got it, babe," she grinned and left through a curtain. She returned a moment later with a steaming cup. I took it gratefully and set my magazine aside. Before she could leave, I called her back.

  "Why... why don't you take a break. I'd really like to get to know you, talk to you." Smooth.

  "Er...." she bit her bottom lip. Nervous habit. But her eyes betrayed her enthusiasm. "Okay," she sighed finally, "I guess that wouldn't hurt anything."

  "No, of course not," I crooned as she sat in a chair across from me. Her hair was a spiky Afro and her skin was dark, yet she was still very attractive. "So tell me about yourself...." I took a swig of tea.

  "Vicky," she responded. My eyes bulged and I choked on my sip of tea. 

  "Pardon?" I coughed.

  "My name's Vanessa," she repeated, giving me a strange look. "Are you okay?"

  "Yes, fit. Well, I'm Jim--"

  "Oh, I know who you are," she giggled. I winked at her.

  "So, Vanessa, tell me-- what do you like to do?"

  "I just love to cook and clean," she began. I tuned her out after that. She was so unbelievably not my type, but I was dying to touch her. 

  "Oh, me too!" I added after she stopped talking. Her face lit up and she smiled at her feet. I took another sip of tea, not taking my eyes off her. 

  "Wow, we have a lot in common," she smiled, hunching her shoulders and giving a nervous laugh.

  "So, Vanessa... I'm sorry, but has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"

  "No, not really," she confessed.

  "Really? Because you're absolutely stunning. It's hard to keep myself from kissing you, really." 

  "Then why do you?" Damn, I'm good!

  There was a short pause before we both leaned forward and our lips met. Her lips tasted like cotton candy and were super soft. She leaned closer to deepen the kiss. I pulled away and gasped, "Lets get some privacy."

  She stood and led me behind the curtain and into a bathroom. Inside, we began to snog again, and she was gear enough to let me touch her butt. Not much of an accomplishment.

  "Jimmy," she moaned through a kiss.

  "Vicky, they'll hear us," I warned. She stopped kissing me and looked at me with an angry expression on her face. 

  "'Vicky'?... Who?"

  "No one, I meant Vanessa."

  "Whatever," she scoffed and maneuvered out of the bathroom. I groaned. Vicky? Was I starting to imagine her name now?

                                                                 ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

  Our next concert was tomorrow night, and it was at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. Deep down inside I wished that something could take my mind off of the concert and back on to Vicky. She was just so perfect...

  Oh my god... I thought. I.... I love Vicky.