Heart Beat

Kageyama's POV

No time. There's no time. The ball is flying towards me... But... Is he ready? I can't just make a toss and have no one be there.
Not again.

"KAGEYAMA!" I hear a familiar voice. Of course. Why did I ever doubt him?

I touch the ball with both hands, and herl it towards him, spinning it and making it as high as I know he likes it.

Boom.

The satisfying sound of the ball hitting the floor on the opposite side of the court.

I swear, even if it is only for a few seconds, I feel our hearts beating as one when I make a toss to him.

And just like that we won. Ha. If only past me could see me now.

"Yes!" I hear his trainers land on the floor with a cringey squeak. But just seeing his victory face is enough to make up for it.

"Good job, Hinata!" I said, walking up to him to compliment him. If it weren't for him, Karasuno would've lost.

"Good job? What's gotten into you, Kageyama?" He smiled, showing his teeth and closing his eyes.

"S-shut up! Dumbass..." I tried to hide my face, as I knew for a fact that I blushed, even if it was only slight.

"That's more like it!" He said, jumping up and high fiving me. Our high fives never miss.

We started to head back to Karasuno, with pride and victory. Hinata's face after facing a strong appointment, win or lose, is always inspiring.

"Kageyama? What's up?" He said, concern in his voice. His victory face vanished, as a look of worry appeared on his face.

"Me? Yeah, fine." I replied, trying not to worry him too much. He's so freaking delicate.

"Don't play that crap with me! When we get back, you and me are gonna sit down and talk, and you're gonna tell me everything!" He even made that sound exciting.

Hinata's POV

I hate when he does this! Every damn time we play a game, he just zones out. I know something's up. I know him. Just he wait... To see what I've got planned!

"Psst... Suga!" I whispered, being extra careful that Kageyama wouldn't hear me.

"Yeah Hinata?"

"Is everything ready?" He gave me a thumbs up and smirked in Kageyama's direction.

Just you wait, Tobio Kageyama. Wait until you see what I've got planned.

...

Hoi, 'lil writers note for you. Sorry, I feel like this is already way too deep, I promise that I'll try and stop that in the future. Also, for anyone expecting smut in this, I'll just tell you now. Yes, I will write smut. But, I might not be too good at it, I'm only used to writing fluff, but yes, I will try eventually. Thanks for reading ^-^