Confrontation

'A-at least he has someone who loves him!'

Kageyama? What's going on?

My hand... I'm feeling it again? No... This time, it's different. So soft...

My stomach! What's happening? What is this spiral?

'Hinata Shōyō. Kageyama Tobio. You both know what this is. Ha, you're both so blind...'

S-Suga!?

What's happening, I can't see anything? Wait, that's Kageyama!

'Hinata.......... Maybe. I. Am...'

...

"KAGEYAMA!" I awoke.

"Shōyō! Shō, are you okay? You're burning up! Do you know what time it is? You really need to st-" My Mum rushed in.

I stopped listening. The only thing I could hear? A heartbeat. But it wasn't just mine. How did I even get home? The last thing I remember is being at the gym with Kagey-

"Kageyama!" I shouted again. I need to stop subconsciously shouting.

"Just look at you! You can't go to school like this. Just try and get some sleep. Don't worry about school. You can stay off tomorrow. Or actually, today. It's 3am! You poor thing. Get a drink of water and just try your hardest to sleep!"

My mind fell black, the only thing I could focus on was the heartbeat.

"Okay"

"Oh dear. I'll tell your friends why you're not gonna be there tomorrow. They'll be in the gym at lunch, right?" I nodded. My mum was the school nurse, so she went to school every day as well.

She weren't used to seeing me like this. She always sees me skipping around everywhere and being as optimistic as possible, but for some reason, since yesterday, I just feel so drained. I need to find a solution to this problem. Or else it'll bug me for weeks.

"Love you darling, sleep well!"

...

"Okay"

...

Kageyama's POV

I didn't sleep. How the hell could anyone sleep after that? The thought of Hinata upset... It hurts. He needs to be happy. But I've ruined that. I should've listened to him! Once again, I screwed up! Why does wrecking everything important to me come so naturally!?

I refuse to admit defeat. I've only been without him for, what, a few hours? Yet I feel so... Incomplete. I don't normally like people. But he's different. This goes further than volleyball. I try to hide it by insulting him, but, my god, I'm not used to... Being comfortable around people. He's... Special.

I refuse to let it end here.

I need to stop over thinking things.

I'll see him tomorrow. I'll just say what feels natural. No script. All pure me.

This is going to be difficult.

...

Hinata's POV

"Why does Shō not have to go to school, but I do?" I heard Natsu (my little sister) whining.

"He's not well. You, however, are perfectly fine"

"It's not fair!"

"Natsu. I've got a headache. Could you please be a good girl and go to school for your big brother?" I got out of bed and smiled at her. She looks exactly like I used to. Messy orange hair and brown eyes.

"Okay, but get better! I don't like seeing you sad!"

"I'm not sad, I'm just sick"

"Get well soon!" She hugged me, then got in the car for Mum to take her to school.

"I'll see you later, Shō. I'll make sure to contact your friends at lunch. Love you!"

"Thanks! Love you, bye!"

I'm relieved. I've finally got the house all to myself.

But... Why am I off school? I know for a fact that I'm not sick, but all my motivation and desire, it's just gone.

I don't even want to play volleyball.

I do have tests coming up. I guess the best thing I can do with my day is... Ugh... Study.

I never thought I'd actually wish to be at school.

Kageyama's POV

Hinata's not at school. I hope he's okay. I have to sit through maths without him. He's normally the highlight of school. Actually, I don't think he's ever missed a day 'till now. Well, that me feels like a dick. After all, it is my fault.

And we have practice today as well! I didn't put him off volleyball... Did I?

I'll text him tonight. I need to find a way to manage school without him here. Damn, this is harder than I thought it'd be. Everything is just so boring.

12:00pm

Lunch time. And practice. Me and Hinata were supposed to be working on our quicks. I swear, Hinata is going to get the biggest apology off me.

Idiot! Stop thinking so much! That's how you ruin things!

*knock*

"Excuse me, is this the volleyball club?" a female voice said. I was to busy warming up and getting angry at myself to even care about looking.

"Yeah it is. Oh, what brings you here, nurse Hinata?" Suga politely said to the nurse.

Wait... Hinata!

I stopped my warm up immediately and sprinted over to the door.

"How's Shōyō?" I said, looking her in the eyes. Now that I think about it, I probably made her feel really uncomfortable.

"That's... Actually what I came to talk about"

"Kageyama, lay off a lit-" Noya was in the middle of saying something, but was interrupted by Hinata's Mum.

"K-Kageyama?!" She looked at me in shock.

"Yeah. That's my name"

"What's happened between you and Shōyō? He was screaming your name in his sleep, and then he screamed it when he woke up, and he was sweaty, had a temperature, all the colour had gone from from his fa-"

Wait, what? I knew that he was a sleep talker, but my name? Oh god. I need to see him. Now.

"Is he at home?" I asked, dropping the ball I was holding.

"Well, yeah, bu-" I didn't hear the rest, I took off. I need to see him. I need to apologise.

Hinata... See you see soon.

...

Hoi! It's me again! Super long chapter! Let me know if you like these! Expect some super fluff real soon! That's all I got for now. Thank you ^-^