Now or Never

Kageyama's POV

I didn't listen to anyone's shouting from behind, nothing was to stop me from checking on Hinata. From apologising to Hinata.

The way his Mum described his state... Honestly, the thought of it brings me to the point of tears.

Thank god the stamina training has been paying off, I'm almost there! And yet... This feels so weird. Heck, for all I know, this is just the normal feeling someone gets when they have a good friend. Heh, friend.

Why Hinata? When we first met, being friends with him was definitely out of the question. But now... I don't even know what this is!

...

...

...

So, here I am.

No turning back now.

This is it.

Now or never.

...

...

...

I knocked on the door. When it finally came to open, the face that appeared in front of me was not Hinata. I really roughed him up. You could tell by his hair, each one of the spikes were drooping down, almost like they were also sad. His eyes... They just stared at me, with a no emotion face which said it all. He was sweaty, and in all honesty, seeing him not being loud and obnoxious, it scares me.

Hinata's POV

*knock knock*

The knocking seemed quite frantic and desperate. Who the hell is at the door?

The knocking continued on for a good few minutes before I got to the door. This better be import-

"K-Kageyama?" Why is he here? I bet mum over exaggerated and told everyone that I'm dying or something stupid like that.

"Hinata."

...

...

...

"W-"

"No! Before you say anything, let me have my say. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that yesterday, I know. It was ridiculous, and stupid, and if you never wanna see me again, I understand. But let me just explain. I can't stand to see you upset, I wanna be there so I kn-"

I saw the panick on his face, and I knew what had to be done. I weren't mad at him, I couldn't be, just over some petty peck on the cheek and a 3 second hand hold. Jesus, he really needs to stop over thinking everything. If anything, I was just scared that it would've been awkward. And confused. Yeah, that's how I'll put it.

It was heat of the moment, but I feel like I couldn't stop myself, even if I tried.

I found myself buried in his chest, my arms wrapped around him. He smelt so... Sweet. It took him a couple of seconds, but he eventually hugged me back.

Kageyama's POV

I twisted my fingers through his orange locks. When I looked down, his face was completely buried in my shirt.

"H-Hinata, I-" I don't know what I was trying to say, my body just kind of came out with it!

"Shut it. Just shut up" He muffled into my t-shirt.

After a couple more seconds, we both pulled away from the hug. There's just something about his eyes... They make me feel okay. Not good, not bad, but okay.

We had complete eye contact. My hand rested upon his shoulder, his stupid-looking grin slowly appearing.

This guy... He's my friend.

"Well... Um... I guess I should carry on with what I was saying" I said. I still needed to properly apologise.

"Why do you always do that?" Hinata laughed, the colour returned to his face.

"D-do what?" I was happy to see him smile again, his smile is the best thing. When he smiles, I swear his eyes smile as well.

"You always ruin a moment by saying something stupid! Look, you don't have to apologise. Yeah, it was unexpected, but you did what you had to. So don't apologise. And I bet those guys will come back, and..." He paused for a second, looked away, then his smile turned slightly more serious. "You got them away... Thank you. In the future, if they come back... Then... D-do whatever you like! It makes them go away, and that's way better than have then on our backs... So, if you... Want to... Then you can do with me what's necessary!" He looked scared, he was shaking slightly, and his pupils were extremely dilated.

"Shōyō... If it gets them away, and that makes you happy, then gladly" I said, smiling myself.

"Oh my god!" He jumped.

"W-what? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah... But... I saw you smile! That only ever happens in games, or whilst you're sleeping!" I couldn't help laughing. Hinata was okay.

"Wait... Sleeping?"

"Yeah, you sleep in maths all the time. I can't help but notice a massive grin on your face. What do you dream about?"

I dream about you. But... Do I really smile? I need to learn to control myself.

"I don't dream" I replied, turning away. I couldn't lie to his face.

"Everyone dreams, Kageyama!" He spun around on one foot. Landing to face me again. He cocked his head to the side and closed his eyes, with a massive grin on his face.

...

...

...

Hinata's POV

"You seem a lot better now, Shō!" I heard Mum say from the end of the driveway. With her, the rest of the team.

"Kage-Kageyama, how do you run that fast? I swear that was in humane!" Noya said, trying to catch his breath.

For some reason, I felt really... Annoyed at them? I mean, they've done nothing wrong. But I can tell that Kageyama feels the same.

"Come on guys, we gotta get back to school before class starts" Asahi managed to get out between huffs.

Kageyama looked at me with... What seemed like worry. His face is so hard to read!

"N-no! I, um, should stay! and look after Shōyō!" He turned to my Mum.

What are you thinking, idiot? There's no way that I'm letting your grades drop just because I weren't feeling great at one point in the day.

Mum didn't have time to argue. "Well... If you insist"

"No, Kageyama! I'm not letting you mess up your grades for me! what, are you stupid?!" I said, crosing my arms.

"Shō, I've got maths" He said. I know it would have been cruel to send him back to school, especially since I weren't gonna be there.

"Okay... Then that settles it!" The rest of the team headed back to school with my Mum.

Then it was just Kageyama and I. Alone. At my house. For another 3 hours and 30 minutes.

...

Hoi! I really like this chapter! Writing fluff makes me feel so fuzzy, and this is just the start of it! Thanks for reading! ^-^