Fed Up

Kageyama's POV

We eventually had to go back to school, we did miss 3rd period, but we couldn't skip forever, sadly.

Who on earth was that guy harassing Hinata earlier? I've never seen him before, so he must be new. I'm only a first year, but I know for a fact that, even if it was just in the halls, I would've remembered his face. I won't be forgetting it from now though, that's for sure.

"Kageyamaaaaa! Can't we just go home?" He asked, tugging on my hand.

"No. For god sake Hinata, We need to practice! We've got some practice matches with Nekoma soon, and I want to make sure that we're at the top of our game" I said, letting go of his hand in a teasing manor.

"Hmf! I hate you..." He mumbled under his breath, making a pouty face and crossing his arms.

"Same here, dumbass"

"You love me really*

"I- Uh-"

"It's okay. I know" 

We walked in silence back to school, where we tried to avoid as much teachers as possible, due to the fact that we were surely going to get called out for skipping. Although it was inevitable, we tried to avoid it as much as possible.

Funnily, none of the teachers noticed so we could continue our everyday lives peacefully. Well, not peacefully, but just somewhat less eventful than normal. 

We found ourselves in the gym before we knew it, and practice had finally begun.

"Guys, as you know, we're going away to Tokyo for a training course. But, I'm afraid that the same conditions that we had to meet last time are yet again what we have to accomplish to be able to go again. Kageyama, Hinata, no goofing off! You only just made it to Tokyo last time, so if you're behind in any of your classes even for a second, then you won't be coming. You have 3 exams coming up. Pass them, and you're free to go. But if you don't, then I trust you to carry on practising here whilst the rest of us have fun" Daichi ranted on.

"Oi, why do you think that it'll be us who slack off?!" I said, getting slightly annoyed.

"Well... We haven't really been meeting our expected levels in most subjects..." Hinata said, almost sounding ashamed of it.

"Hey Hinata, just try your hardest. That's all you can do, at the end of the day. Even if you don't make it to Tokyo, you'll know that you could've done nothing more" Sugawara said, flashing Hinata a reassuring smile.

I gave him dirty looks, my thoughts were going crazy about how to top what Suga just said. I decided to leave it, since being all 'emotional' and 'supportive' is kinda Suga's thing, and I know that he had practice for all his life.

"Hey Kageyama, can we maybe try the new quick? And before you say no... I just think it'd be good to try and use in practice games. It may be against our own team, but it only makes sense!" He asked me. As much as I wanted to tell him how useless it was since we only managed to fluke it once on the spot, it occurred to me that Nekoma was already aware of all our attacks, and that using what Hinata called this 'new quick' was the way to somewhat stump them.

"Guys... I've got an idea!" Tanaka shouted. It took both me and Hinata by surprise, and we both screamed a little since it made us jump. "What if... We don't use Hinata as decoy...?"

Not use Hinata as decoy? What the fuck is this moron thinking?! Hinata as decoy is literally our secret weapon.

"Well... We can for some situations, but if the other teams are expecting Hinata to decoy, then they'll focus on the player other than Hinata that looks like they're gonna spike, but then it'll actually go to Hinata in the first place" Tanaka finished.

"... And if we perfect the new quick, then that method will work perfectly!" Hinata high fived Tanaka, so I just nodded and went along with it.

...

Just as I expected, the quicks failed 99% of the time. The idea Tanaka had about the whole 'not using Hinata as decoy' thing was actually quite decent. I'm just annoyed at myself for not thinking of it first. We were trying the quick for the 'last time' that day. I say last time, but I know for a fact there will always be 'one more!'

I tossed the ball, and low and behold, it finally worked. Hinata landed on his back though.

"Dumbass..."

"Kageyama! That was like woosh! And the ball was like kablam! And everyone is like woah!"

"Yeah" I looked away. "Listen, Hinata. I... Don't think we can use that quick in the practice match we've got next week. It won't be ready"

"What? Come on!"

"No! It's not ready yet. If Nekoma get a glance at it whilst using it is still a fluke, then they'll easily figure out what we're trying to do, and then counter it. If we try to use it, it'll screw up the chances of using it against them again"

"But it might just work!"

"Hinata! Nothing happens just because you really want it to! The risk is too big right now!"

I hated shouting at him, but it's what was necessary to get my point across. I don't want our relationship to get in the way of our volleyball. Actually, I don't want our volleyball to get in the way of our relationship.

...

Hoi! I'm on a laptop now, and I'm still getting used to wattpad on it. Sorry I haven't updated, and that this chapter isn't even 1000 words. I've got loads of course work to do, and recently I saw my friend (who hasn't been at school for a month) at hospital, in really bad health. Plus my hearing aids keep breaking, so I have to go a little while without hearing, which really just bums me out and makes me lack motivation. I know that there aren't any excuses for making you wait, but that's just pretty much why it's been delayed I guess. Thanks for reading ^-^