Chapter 6

As soon as Frank left the closet, (literally; he left it metaphorically years ago) he couldn't help but feel like he just did something terrible.

And as they day progressed, he became more and more sure that this feeling was correct.

He couldn't just go around kissing guys that ACT like they care. He's a fool, he thought; stupid to just...fall into his arms so easily. What a pussy.

...no matter how beautiful Gerard was...

Gerard had told Frank to meet him by the bike racks so they could walk home together. Frank agreed, happily, but now he was dreading it. He didn't wanna see Gerard, or think about him, or even remember he existed. He didn't want to do something even MORE stupid, like holding it hand home or some shit. Oh god, that was just setting himself up.

The end of the day came slowly as his thoughts went back and forth across his brain before he was simply yelling at himself. But finally, the bell rang, and Frank darted to his locker. Luckily, Gerard wasn't there this time, and was probably just waiting by the bike racks like he'd said.

Now, Frank just had to avoid the bike racks.

He took the back exit, the guys who usually hang out there not even thinking about touching him. This Frank liked, but he never wanted to be the bully to anyone. Well, if it kept him safe...

No Gerard. Frank let out a large breath of relief and began to walk home. He tried his hardest to stop thinking about him to no avail. He didn't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing his got inside Frank's head. Even if Gerard would never know, FRANK would know, and it would just piss him off.

Suddenly, he thought of the last time he was in a relationship. His name was Calvin; aka, "cheater". Frank still remembered walking in on him making out with that cheerleader behind the school. It didn't hurt anymore, and it just grossed him out to be honest. No one knew where Barbra's tongue had been. What a slut...

And then...Gerard. What ABOUT him, Frank asked himself. Nothing special there; just a guy who obviously has a huge crush on him. A pretty pathetic one, too. Frank knew he wasn't worth any of Gerard's time or trouble. He's a worthless little runaway, and that wasn't going to change any time soon. And honestly, Frank was okay with that.

Frank realized he was half way home when he felt something grab his shoulder. He spun around and—oh, speak of the devil...

"Frank?" Gerard asked nervously.

Frank stared blankly at the taller boy.

"What happened? I thought we were talking home together."

Frank shrugged and broke eye contact for a moment to stare at his feet. "Just forget everything." He mumbled.

"Huh?"

"I didn't mean any of that, okay?" Frank said louder, "I—I must've been still messed up from last night...p-plus I had a bottle of beer this morning..." his voice trailed off and he shook his head "J-just leave me alone."

Gerard looked like he wanted to cry, but Frank decided he was just flattering himself. "But...Frank, I—"

"JUST FORGET IT, OKAY?!" He yelled now. He almost ran away after that, but his feet stayed glued to his place and he didn't know why.

Now, a tear streamed down Gerard's pale face, and it gave Frank an odd feeling in his chest; and he hated it.

"I'll forget it when YOU do." Gerard replied quietly.

While keeping eye contact, Gerard backed away from Frank as he processed it. Finally, he spun around, and Frank heard a voice within him scream; it screamed louder than he'd ever heard a voice inside of him scream.

It screamed something that made him want to cry.

GO AFTER HIM.

And as soon as he comprehended it, it was overshadowed by a different voice.

Run away.

So that's what Frank did.

He ran away.

Away from Gerard...

Away from everything.

***

    Frank's eyes fluttered open slowly. In front of him, he saw the concrete of the side of the bridge he had made his new home at the night before. That was normal. He realized he was freezing and pulled the blankets up higher.

    That's when he heard a groan.

    Frank slowly rolled over to see another person beside him, their black hair covering most of their face. All that stuck out was a pointy nose. And dammit, Frank knew that nose. Frank hated that nose.

    The person opened their eyes too, brushing the hair out of their face to see Frank. He didn't even smile, and simply gave him the most serious look ever.

    "I told you I'd find you." Gerard told him.

    Frank swallowed, staring wide eyed at Gerard lying next to him. But he was still tired. Frank blinked a few times before shutting his eyes again and falling asleep.

    Under a bridge.

    With Gerard.

(Sorry this chapter was so short! I'll have more this weekend, or maybe a little sooner

-Spencer)