Chapter 9

Frank's mom didn't even call the cops. He arrived some safely that same morning, no suspicion and no harm done. He noted how easy it was to run away if he used 'staying at a friend's house' as an excuse...

    Frank felt so...weird after spending time with Gerard that day. Because it was all official now. Gerard was his boyfriend. He really DID love Gerard. He wasn't ashamed or embarrassed by this; just surprised as hell. Because...well, it was GERARD.

    He thought back on the day he met Gerard, just a couple weeks ago. He still had the shirt he gave him; truth be told, he'd been wearing it to bed ever since. Creepy? Yeah, probably. He had kept telling himself it was because it was amazingly soft and comfortable, and he preferred it over sleeping shirtless.

    But Frank cherished the shirt.

    And really, it was all worth the loss of his favorite Black Flag shirt. Of course, he didn't know it at the time, and he was pissed, but it was just a matter of time. Frank chuckled to himself. And that's when he felt it. In his chest, where he usually felt a sharp feeling of pain and loneliness, he felt something different.  He smiled.

    Frank finally felt happy.

    He hated to admit it, only because it was corny as hell to say that you fell in love and he made you happy with life. But all of a sudden, all the things that were pushing him away and making him run were being outweighed by something pulling him back. Gerard was pulling him back. Over and over again, until his hands were bleeding against Frank's rough skin. And still, he never let go. And he was confident and hopeful that he never would.

***

    Gerard didn't look happy. He entered the school with a pissed off look on his face as he approached Frank.

    "I'm leaving." Gerard stated immediately.

    Frank looked up quickly at Gerard. "What?" he asked.

    Gerard sighed and leaned his back against the lockers while Frank continued putting his things away. It had been just two weeks since Gerard and Frank had officially been 'together' and already he was doing much better in school.

    "My mom is sending me to an art program thing for a week," he explained, "I leave tomorrow, bright and fucking early."

    Frank was upset to hear this. He and Gerard hadn't been apart for more than a day yet. And he had no idea how he'd react with him gone this long. Would he just get worse again? Would he end up trying to run away? Knowing himself, all this was entirely possible; he was insane.

    "Well...that's...that's great for you, though." Frank replied finally, trying to hide his pain, "I mean, you get to meet other artists and learn new things and—"

    "And you won't be there." Gerard interrupted quietly, staring down at the floor. He made eye contact and frowned. "I don't wanna go, Frankie."

    Frankie; his new nickname. He'd also been referring to Gerard as 'Gee', and they were both enjoying it.

    "Gerard...." Franks' voice trailed off. He shook his head and continued, "Don't worry about me."

    Gerard stepped forward, caressing his cheek and ignoring the people around them who were staring. They'd gotten used to each other, the homophobes and Gerard and Frank; but they were still jerks. He smiled sadly.

    "I always worry about you." Gerard said.

    Frank chuckled. "I've noticed."

    The bell rang then, sending the two to go their separate ways. Frank tried to get the idea in his head of NOT seeing Gerard for a week. Sure, they could text, but with all the activities going on at the stupid art camp, who knows when he'd even have time? Would he EVER have time? No, Frank decided; he'd be having WAY too much fun.