Chapter 10

Gerard couldn't sleep. No, not with knowing he wouldn't see Frank in the morning; or not being able to text him; and certainly not without his arms wrapped around him and his silent breathing filling his ears and lulling him into his dreams. He wasn't even tired.

    He was awake as ever.

    And talking to one of his roommates wouldn't help. They were either snobby, mean, or down right stupid. And it was odd, too, because a lot of them had similar interests, yet were just so different. Gerard wasn't too surprised at his failure to get along with everyone; it was a common thing for him. The only friends he had were Frank and the other people at the junkyard.

    Gerard remembered he had had one really good friend a long time ago. They did everything together, had similar interests, lived VERY close by...and they loved each other.  Gerard hadn't seen him for six years now, and he doubted he ever would until they were both 18. His name was Mikey.

    Mikey Way.

    When Mikey was 11, his parents sent him to live with their Aunt and Uncle across the country. No visits, no phone calls, no letters; it was as if they'd just abandoned him. And they had. Gerard would never forgive his parents for that. They clearly never loved Mikey in the first place. He knew all the attention was on himself and he hated it. Mikey was great at so many things, and he was so much smarter than Gerard; but still, he was ignored.

    And why? Just because Gerard was a couple years older? He was still their son, dammit, and he deserved to be treated like it. Sometimes he forgot what Mikey looked like. That broke his heart the most. And he didn't dare speak his name at home. That never ended well...

    Gerard rolled over and sighed. His sleepless brain was other thinking everything and giving him a head ache. And he only wanted one thing right then; one thing to keep him sane. Frank.

***

    But he missed him so much...

    Frank, now sweaty and already tired, strolled into his empty, quiet house and sighed. It was already getting dark, (he had done some running around town and thinking things over before finally coming home) and he didn't want to sleep. Frank just wanted to do something or find something out...he needed to talk to someone...he needed...damn...he needed Gerard.

    But he didn't want Gerard. He was afraid of what he'd find out, because there was no way he was just going to shrug off that encounter with Jimmy. No way; not after what he'd said to him and how he treated him. He began to wonder if he was over reacting, but quickly threw the idea to the side.

    No, Frank decided; he couldn't take this, not now, not ever. Gerard's friends hated him, and soon everyone would hate him again.

    So, once again, after two weeks, two, happy weeks, Frank packed his bags, guitar and all...

    And left.

    ***

    Gerard woke in a cold sweat. He'd finally gotten to sleep and a nightmare awakened him just an hour later. Just a few moments later, and most of the nightmare had dissolved. But all he knew was that he needed to leave. He needed to see Frank.

    It was only eleven, which kind of pissed Gerard off. They had sent them to bed at eight like little kids. Whatever; at least he had more time. He swung his legs over the side of his bed, carefully and quietly traveling to his bags. The sound of his roommates' snoring was creating a pattern now; and each time he thought the pattern stopped or changed, Gerard froze in his place and began cooking up his lies.