Chapter 12

Jeff's POV

Jack was gone, which meant I was alone yet again. His 'proxy' was in the kitchen doing god knows what. All I could do was cause myself agony over a girl I barely knew.

I had never gotten to know her as a person, only as a girl that should hate me. I didn't know her favorite music or movies or food. I didn't even know her last name. And now I never would, because I'm an idiot.

But I would never admit that to anyone. Only Jack knew how I felt about her, and that's only because I grew emotions. This sort of thing doesn't happen to us pastas. We don't get feelings and we don't love people.

I got off the couch that doubles as my bed and went into the hallway, then the kitchen. Gabriel was standing at the stove making what smelled like eggs. He smiled weakly at me and I nodded. I knew that Jack sent him to look after Miranda, and I was both angry and grateful.

"Are you hungry? I'm making eggs and pancakes."

"Isn't that breakfast food? It's 5."

"Yeah but I figured you needed cheering up. So, breakfast for dinner."

I shrugged but took two pancakes anyway. Breakfast for dinner had been my favorite when I was a kid, but I never talked about that life anymore. I sat at the little table and Gabriel sat down in front of me.

"Do you want me to tell you about her?"

"I'm not supposed to know anything," I scowled, "I don't want to even think about her."

He ignored me and went on bugging me.

"She's quite beautiful. I don't know why anyone would give her up, let alone you. I heard you tried to kill her?"

"Yeah, I did. And I should've done it the first time. Then I wouldn't be in this mess."

He sipped his coffee and stared down at the cracked wood of the table. I stared at the peeling flower wallpaper and imagined her being here with me. She'd hate this place; it would be too gross for her. Maybe she'd want to decorate it.

"Why would you want to kill her?"

I stared at him now but it didn't seem to phase him. He raised an eyebrow.

"She was too beautiful. Her eyes were too blue and her hair matched the red leaves and I hated the thought of something so human being able to distract me like she has."

I took a deep breath and tried to close my eyes. When that failed I just stared at him.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," he replied.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You find a beautiful girl, try to kill her. Ok, got that, but then you try to befriend her and get upset when she thinks you're a psychopath? And then you finally realize you love her, and you leave just as soon as she starts to love you? Aren't you a fucking genius."

"You wouldn't get it. You're just a human."

He stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"Don't you dare tell me I'm just anything. You don't know half the shit I can do. And now I'm gonna get your girl, since you can't appreciate her."

"Go ahead and try. See what happens."

Mandy's POV

"Kelly, this steak is amazing!"

Mr. Red -oh no, call me James- was flirting with my mom across from the table, and Dustin and I were awkwardly avoiding conversation.

"Thank you, but I can't take all the blame. Miranda helped make it too."

That was a complete lie, but I smiled anyway. Mr. Red was a thirty-something year old that looked like he could raise a family. He was one of those typical good fathers that went to his kids sports games. Just what my mom liked.

"So Miranda, what do you like to do for fun?"

"Nothing really. I read a lot."

"Interested in boys yet?"

I sighed and pushed my food around my plate. My phone went off and I got the perfect opportunity to ditch this snorefest.

"Georgia wants me to go over to her place. She's having a party."

"But Mandy, we have guests," my mom complained.

"Oh, let her go. Maybe she can bring Dustin. I know neither of them are having fun."

I discreetly rolled my eyes and my mom reluctantly agreed. Dustin and I were out the door before they could say another word. We were silent, except for the crunching of snow, until we got to Georgia's door.

"I didn't really want to come. I feel awkward," he complained.

"It's just a party. You've been to one before, right?"

"Yeah obviously," he said, smoothing his hair.

I sighed and knocked on the door. One of our other friends, Freddie, opened the door.

"Mandy! It's good to see you, you haven't been around in a while."

"Yeah I've been busy. Getting my heart broken and all."

Freddie glared at Dustin behind me.

"Not by him. He's our new neighbors son."

"Oh. Those people. Well, come in, you'll freeze your tits off out here."

Freddie opened the door wider for us and we stepped in. Inside was warmed incredibly and I dumped my jacket on the coat rack. Dustin did the same and we trailed through groups of people and found Georgia and Ruby making drinks.

"Mandy! Come be our taste tester!" Ruby yelled.

I happily took a sip.

"Needs a little more vodka."

~

My head felt like it would burst when the bell rang. I lugged myself to my English class and plopped into my seat. I was ready to close my eyes and take a nap when Gabriel touched my arm.

"Mandy?"

I rolled my eyes and lifted my head from the desk. He was smiling down at me and I suddenly got the urge to punch him in the face.

"What do you want? I'm trying to die."

He dropped his smile and his eyes held concern. It made me kind of sick.

"Are you hungover?" He asked shyly.

"Of course I am. It's either that or I was run over by a bus."

He sat down next to me and I put my head back down.

"Ok, what else is wrong?"

I mumbled something into my sleeve, hoping he would go away.

"What did you say?"

"I said leave me alone, Gabriel. I'm tired and sick."

"Whatever. Just thought you'd like to know something about Jeff."

I slowly lifted my head and stared him in the eye.

"Don't do that to me. You know I love him."

He grinned, eyes narrowing.

"Well your precious little creepypasta doesn't love you anymore."

My heart dropped into my stomach, and I could feel my jaw drop.

"What? Why not?"

"He spent so much time without you. All those feelings you had to make are gone now. He barely even remembers you."

"No, you're lying. Please tell me you're lying!"

He frowned and winked.

" 'Fraid not, sweetheart. Why would I lie to you?"