Chapter 21

Jack's POV

"Mandy's been sleeping for hours, and Jeff still isn't here," I told Ben.

His short self was worrying right along with me. He was just as scared for Mandy as he was for Jeff and I. Slender had confirmed Miranda was in shock, and suggested she sleep again. I've been up for twelve hours waiting.

"You know how Jeff is. He used to go away for days at a time."

"Yeah, used to. He doesn't do that now that Mandy's here. Something's wrong."

"And he never said how long he would be gone?"

I shook my head, worrying. Jeff had used to go out for weeks sometimes, but often the longest he stayed out was a couple hours. No one had heard anything from him, and he would've seen the note if he went home.

"Maybe he didn't see it?"

"He would've looked for anything about where we were. I'm going back to the house. Watch Mandy, please."

He nodded and I went back to the house. When I got there, everything looked normal. The outside was fine, so I looked inside. The inside was nowhere near how we left it.

Everything was tipped over, and there were knife marks on the floor. I didn't see the note anywhere, or any other note. The fridge was emptied, and the cabinets were all open. I went upstairs and looked into all of the rooms. They were fine, except for a note on Jeff's bed.

Got it. Dicks came in house. I'm hiding, there's too many. Be there in a day at least. If not tell Mandy I love her.

I crumpled the paper in my hand. I didn't realize there would be more of them. I ran out of the house, searching the woods behind it. I went half a mile before I heard moving in the trees.

"Jeff?"

"Yeah?"

His head popped up behind a bush, and I let go of the breath I was holding.

"Are you hurt?"

He shook his head, making his way towards me.

"Where's Mandy?" he asked suddenly.

"At Slendy's house. She's been sleeping for hours. She killed a man."

His eyes went wider than I thought possible, but he didn't say anything.

Mandy's POV

"I want to see my mom again," I told Jeff.

He sighed and held me tighter. We were back at our own home, since Slendy's was actually just an abandoned factory with minimal furniture. Jeff an I were laying in bed together, tucked in each others arms.

It had been a week since the attack, and I tried to forget about it. I hadn't seen my mother since- well, that day.

"I'm sorry, Mandy," was all he replied.

"Can I at least check up on her?"

"I don't think that's a good idea."

I sighed and pulled myself from his arms. The fridge was stocked with beer and burgers, so that's what I ate for breakfast. Jack came down and joined me in silence.

"Would you let me see my mother?"

He was quiet for a while after I asked, and I started to give up.

"As long as she couldn't see you. You're supposed to be dead."

"I wanted to see Freddie too, but I know that's impossible."

He wrapped a sympathetic arm around my shoulders, the only way he knew how to comfort.

"I can introduce you to the others, if you'd like."

"I don't need any more killer friends."

"Four is enough," he joked.

"It is. I just want my old life back," I told him.

He sighed and pulled me off the couch. He yelled up to Jeff that we were going out, then pulled me out the door.