Chapter Fourty Three: Danny

Meme and I were making good progress. While we ate she started to open up more about her feelings and other things. I let her pick the show we watched and gave her some room. She didn't look too miserable. Everything changed when we started hearing yelling behind the door. When it got quite again I left the room to investigate. I could tell Meme was curious, I was more annoyed.

I walked to Serena's room, James stood in the hall.

"Sorry for being loud. She was giving me trouble, a lot of back talk" He informed.

I noticed his shirt was wet and gross, "Did she do... That?".

"She threw water on me" He said annoyed.

"Go get dressed, I got this" I said.

He walked off, relieved from what I could tell. I took a detour from her room, filling up a cup in the kitchen. The bottle of pills in my back pocket rattling menacingly as I walked.

I unlocked the barred door, sitting down across from her. Her expression completely changed. She tried to hide it but I could sense her fear. She was terrified, she avoided my eyes.

"I heard you were causing trouble?" I asked.

She stared at the wall, but gave a nod.

"Why are you so scared? It's me. The same me you've always known" I said cupping her face gently.

"Please don't hurt me" Her chest contracted.

"Calm down. I'm not here to hurt you, okay? I don't know why you think I would. We are friends. As your friend I want you to take your pills" I soothed.

"You have them?" She questioned.

"Yes and I think you need them" I nodded.

They were just standard anxiety meds. If she was lashing out she really needed something to soothe her.

"I don't want them" she tucked her knees to her chest.

"But you need them, so you have to take them" I said more forcefully.

"Oh..." She finally got that I wasn't giving her a choice. "Have you been taking yours?".

I grabbed her face forcefully, " I don't need my pills because I'm not crazy!" I said darkly.

She gulped when I let her go, her hands shaking slightly. I grabbed the glass of water.

"Open your mouth" I demanded.

She did as I said and I popped three pills in. Two of her own prescription and one sleep aid. It was early but it would make her at least drowsy.

"See, that was easy, wasn't it?" I said with a smile.

She nodded, the shaking became even more noticeable. I liked it. It was amusing to me to know that someone feared me that much.

"Good, now, how about we turn that frown upside down?!" I said with a cheery tone.

I put a piece of duct tape tightly over her ugly mouth. With a permanent marker I drew a happy smile on it. She backed herself up to the wall.

"All better" I practically whispered. "You better not lash out again, I want only smiles and good things coming out of your mouth. Understand?" My voice cold and alarming.

She nodded and I stood up. Putting her prescription back in my jeans. That was really nice of me, I could of let her continue being a worked up little bitch.

I didn't bother locking the door behind me, James was on the doorway anyway. I nodded backed to the hall, he followed me out and I closed the door behind us. I handed him the pill bottle.