Chapter Nineteen: Meme

All of the boys were in the living room talking when James saw us he said "meme go up stairs, Adam were having a meeting sit down" at first I didn't move but then I quickly ran up the stairs not wanting to be told twice.

I must have fell asleep because when I awoke it was dark all through the house, I grabbed my bag and tiptoed past James room.

Now I don't have keys, I don't have a chance.

I got to the front door and started working on the lock, it was locked from the inside and needed a key to open.

I looked through my purse dumping some things out until finding what I was looking for, a bobby pin.

I bent it backwards and shoved it in the lock, playing with it praying it would open... nothing.

I heard a noise and slowly turned around...

"What are you doing?" James voice said the words angrily and a bit tense. Oh shit. Oh no. I'm caught, do I run? Lie? Attack?

"I was getting a drink of water and... I um got lost", I said the first thing popping into my mind.
"The stairs are behind us, I know what you are doing".
I gulped.
"I told you not to escape but I'm kinda glad you did, now I get to have some fun...".

He grabbed my arm, I didn't resist because I know he will be even more angry, is stronger, and I'm out numbered.

He pinned me against the wall with one arm and closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose letting out a sigh.

"Do you know what time it is, its fucking four am", He said angrily.
"I'm going to go to bed and so are you, we will deal with this later".

I headed to the stairs when he yanked my arm, "you can't be kept alone, you will stay with Dalton" he pulled down the hall until we were outside his room, "no hurting him, black mailing, or trying anything funny", he opened the door pushed me in and locked it from the outside.

Dalton was asleep, it was freezing in his room. I shivered and looked around his room- hoping to find a extra blanket. He stirred in his sleep, then woke up blinking at me confused in the dark.

"Sorry", I whispered.
"What are you doing in here?" He said confused and soft.
"Well um I tried to escape" I was scared that he might be mad but he let out a little laugh.
"I would have been worried about you if you hadn't tried escaping, so the 'warden' put you in here?", He said with a laugh.
"Yup" I couldn't help but do a small giggle at his joke. I mean out of all the rooms.

He scooted closer to the wall then tapped his bed gesturing for me to come to his bed, I did because I sure as hell wasn't sleeping on the cold floor.

I slipped into the bed and put the comforter over me; it was so soft and warm. He smiled at me sleepily and I said goodnight and went on my side, he put an arm around me to cuddle and I didn't resist; he was so warm and gentle that it almost made me forget about my fate to come in the morning.

Almost.

What do I do? Of course James would live up to his threat. I need a best friend, I need my sister, I need someone. I'm all alone on the inside, all over again. The start of an avalanche.