Chapter Three: Meme

I examined the room; clothes all my size, converse of every color along with beanies in every color. All of my favorite make up products and a mini library. I was sickened by the thought of how well they know me. How these clothes mimicked my own, in fact, I was sure some even were. It was almost like my dream room, everything I could want and have wanted. I swallowed.

I took a shower washing off the bad memories of the basement then I put on sweatpants and a plain shirt. Even though it was summer I wanted to be comfortable.

Breaking down crying in the corner of the room I hugged my knees. What do they want with me? This didn't make any sense. My stomach growled but I ignored it.

Then came a small knock and Adam walked in, "Are you hungry?" He asked.

I nodded. It's like they know everything. I rubbed my face, brushing the tears away. I felt groggy even after the shower.

"What can I get you?" He asked innocently enough.

I thought for a moment and said "Noodles".

I want to be alone so that should keep him busy. He smiled and nodded, closing the door. I continued to check out the room, biting my bottom lip raw. Some things were straight off my raggedy laptops wish list. Even the brand of iced coffee drink I liked. Fingering through the books I noticed they were my favorites and ones I was planning on searching for at thrift stores. All brand new copies.

He came back with two bowls of hot noodles and handed one to me, I looked at it and took it cautiously.

He grabbed my shoulders lighty and said "I would never poison you, or hurt you", his words promising, his role in this questionable, but I ate it anyway.

I woke up the next day forgetting where I was, then the scary realization set in like a tidal wave pulling me under. I looked in the closet and grabbed a purple hoodie, blank tank top, and loose yoga pants and headed to the shower. These pants were definitely from my closet, I could tell from the small hole by the knee.

After taking a shower, I put my hair in a pony tail and decided to look more into the room. Then the thought struck me- no locks on both doors; what if there were cameras? I looked around and didn't see any.

Adam did a soft knock then came in. I was scared even though he was nice, he was still my kidnapper.

"Is there anything I can get you?" He said with a friendly smile. You are not my friend. We aren't even acquaintances.

"Besides out of here, then I guess my purse if you guys took it", I studied his face, a thought plastered on his face for a moment.

"I'll be right back" and before I could even reply, he left. About five minutes later he was back with my purse. I gave a small smile, grateful before looking in the bag.

I frowned. They took my phone, phone charger, and car keys. Not that I would expect them to leave it, I was hoping the were too stupid to check.

I placed the bag on the bed and looked at Adam.
"Is there anything you can tell me, anything at all?", I asked desperately.

He sighed, closing his eyes to think about it.
"Your room is right next to boss and James", He stated, leaving me with more questions.
"Who is this 'boss'guy?", I asked getting aggravated.
"I can't tell you", he said flatly. "Are you bored? Cause you can work out or something in the basement".

I thought about it, maybe I can find a way out...

"Sure", is all I could conjure up as he led me down two flights of stairs.

We were now in the basement with awkward silence.

He cleared his throat after awhile, "Umm don't try anything funny while you're alone", he paused, his voice only a whisper, "You never know when who's watching... I don't want you getting hurt. James won't hold back and that's not a threat", before he ran up the stairs.

'You never know who's watching' What did he mean?