Chapter Fifteen: Meme

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling a headache start. I was on the bare mattress in the basement, the only light coming from a little night light by the bed. I sat up and saw a bottle of voss water and a little pill on a tray, there was a note on the bottle.

The note said "I'm sorry for being a dick to you, here's some water and Advil if you have a headache- Dalton". Figures it be Dalton and not Danny, I can still feel his hands on my throat.

I was dying of thirst, I opened the bottle and gulped some then took the pill. I got up towards the other light and there laid a sleeping Blake on another mattress that was decked out with a couple of pillows and a comforter.

I quietly walked away looking into the dark, cold basement for anything that could help me escape or at least a blanket.

There was a lot of junk but I managed to find a towel and a small sharp piece of metal- maybe a small razor or something like that- I couldn't really tell what it was.

I sat on the bed Indian style and put the towel over my legs. I looked at my left hand, then my wrist, and then fixed my eyes onto my favorite spot. The spot that gives you that push in high school.

I wanted to feel the high of the blade licking my skin, I didn't cut because I was a attention whore- I did it it because it made me feel alive, not numb.

It's what I imagined drugs would be like, it breathes for you drawing you in. Selling yourself piece by piece like giving money to a dealer instead it's flesh. Both addictions can kill you. Both are addictions. I need to feel this of being alive after my best friend tried to kill me.

I put the sharp edge against my skin, and it hurt. I never felt this way before, where was the high? Why did it hurt so much? Blood began rolling down my arm. Why the fuck was I bleeding so much?. I got up and tried running up the stairs, the door was Locked. No. No. No. No, I needed this. I needed the push. The edge. Where is it? I don't want pain or numbness I want the high.

I ran back down and put the bloody arm behind my back, I tapped on Blake. He woke and looked at me, "um I um need to use the bathroom" I stated quickly.

He looked at me shocked, he must have seen my arm, "Meme what the FUCK?!?".

He got up wearing only boxers and gestured me to follow as he ran up the stairs. He quickly took a key off of a necklace he was wearing and slammed it in the door.

He guided me to a bathroom and had me sit down on top of the toilet. "I'll be right back", he said in a hurry. I couldn't help but shake a little, a sense of cold from the unforgiving metal. I heard him run up the stairs then a bunch of footsteps running down the stairs.

James walked into the room looking angry and something else, sadness?

He looked at my arms up and down, the bleeding had stopped. He cleaned around the area, then poured peroxide on a little bit of the cut. I cringed and then he poured some on the rest of the two cuts I had made.

Like a father tending an eight year olds knee in a movie, no questions first. Just help.

He put some of that cut cream on my cut then he wrapped the cut with an ace wrap.

"Thank you" I said quietly.
He looked up at me, let out a small sigh, and ran a hand through his hair.

"Don't you ever do that again", He said bitterly.
"I'll do whatever I want", I said angrily and lowly at his words.
"I told you, you have to listen to us", he threatened.
"Or what, it's my body!" I said.
"That shit kills everyone who does it, what's wrong with you!" He said and walked away in disgust.

I put a hand on my temple and got up.