Chapter 12- Competition

Justin's P.O.V.
July 5, 2012

I woke up and got dressed so Kayla could have the bathroom for herself to get ready for the competition today. I then woke up her up.
"Kayla, baby you gotta get up" I said lightly shaking her.
"Noo" She said turning over.
"You have competition today" I reminded her.
"Okay" She said rising from the bed.
"Good morning Gorgeous" I greeted her kissing her cheek.
"Morning Jay" She said rubbing her eyes then falling in my arms laying there.
When she got up I slowly walked her over to the bathroom door and let her go in. I walked downstairs and made sure all her shoes and outfits were in her suitcase and her make-up case was there.
Kayla's P.O.V.
I went into the bathroom and brushed out my hair making sure I had no knots for when I was washed it. I turned on the shower letting it warm up while I stripped out my clothes. I got in the shower and started washing myself using strawberry shower and bath salts so
it can dry out my pores in my face so I don't sweat as much. I washed my hair and got out. I got the widest tooth comb and combed out my hair and put it in a loose braid. I went into the closet to see that Jay had put out some sweatpants for me to wear until we get there.
I put on Adidas sweatpants and sweatshirt and went back into the bathroom. I spray some body mist under my arms. I can't put on deoderant because it wipes off on the costumes. I took my hair out of the braid and blow-dried each piece and put it in a ponytail. I then grabbed my straighter and curler because I didn't know which one I was going to need yet.
Then, I exfoliated my face and brushed my teeth. I went downstairs and shoved my stuff in the bag. I went in the kitchen to see Justin playing around on his phone. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head in his back. He put his phone down and turned around wrapping his arms around me laying his head on top of mine. We stayed like that for a while before he started speaking.
"Are you nervous?" He whispered.
"Not really" I answered.
"Good because you're an amazing dancer" He said truthfully looking into my eyes.
"Thank you" I grinned.
"You're so beautiful" He complimented.
All I could do was look down and smile. I saw his two fingers go under my chin and lift my face. He slowly attached his lips to mine and let them linger for 35 seconds before pulling away.
"Don't you ever forget that" He stated rubbing my cheek with his thumb.
"Am I interupping something?" Fredo asked.
"How the hell did you get in?" I asked.
"You dumbos left the door unlocked" He said taking a seat.
"Oh" Jay said.
"So was I interupping something?" Fredo asked again.
"No, we were just talking" I replied casually sitting in top of the counter.
"Sure, anyway I'm ready and the crew said goodluck but Alison and Ryan are gonna meet us there" Fredo stated.
"Ok" I said.
I grabbed my shoe, hair bag and change of clothes while Justin grabbed my make up case that opened and had a mirror and lights around it. We packed everything in the car and drove off. In my shoe bag I have my black jazz shoes, tan jazz shoes, black tap shoes, tan tap shoes, black, white and tan character shoes, white, tan, pink and black ballet shoes, 2 pairs of pointe shoes, espresso and black footundeez and baby powder. In my hair bag I have my straightener, curler, bobby pins, hairspray, clips, gel and combs. Also I have a heating pad and a small ball for my feet and back. I got out the heating bag and turned it on putting it underneath my sweatshirt. The trip was about an hour and a half long.
When we arrived the bus was just pulling up and they were getting out so everybody started screaming. When I got out the screaming got louder and they started jumping around. When Justin got out my ear drums exploded. We waved at everybody and Fredo took my stuff inside. We took some pictures and signed some things. We went inside and they were waiting for me.
"Hey guys sorry for the wait" I said giving them hugs except Sophia and Maddie cause I'm their biggest competitor.
"No problem, that's the life of a superstar" Abby grinned.
We walked towards the dressing rooms but Abby stopped Chloe and I.
"I know you like to be with Justin before you go on stage" Abby directed towards me, "So I got you and Chloe a seperate dressing room cause I know you guys are close" Abby said leading us to a seperate room.
"Thank you" Chloe and I said.
"First are solos, then the duet, and last the group" Abby announced then left.
We walked into the dressing room and set up. I put on my make-up and decided to curl my hair. I put on a little bit of concealer, and foundation. I put on honey brown eyeshadow and eyeliner with pink lip gloss. I put on my costume which was a lavender leotard with nude straps and had an orange white and purple mist over top and flower on the right shoulder. I put on my jazz shoes and went to stretch. Justin stood up and I kicked my leg to him and he caught it. He held it and I pressed foward until our crotches were touching and he let my foot rest on his shoulder. I did the same with the other leg then started doing push-ups. Only 5 but they still count. I remembered that I had to them something.
"Guys I have something to tell you" I exclaimed.
"What's up?" Christi asked.
"The other day when I was walking out of practice I saw Melissa and Jackie's just driving off! It was a 45 minute rehearsal. I thought I saw a shadow pass the door so it had to be them" I said.
"Melissa is scared to death. She's hoping that something goes wrong in each of your dances so Maddie can win" Christi informed me.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yup" She confirmed.,
"Horny for a win" I mumbled.
Abby called us to side stage and told us goodluck. Maddie was the first one on and she danced to In My Heart.

When she came off running I secretly did a happy dance knowing that one of us freaked her out. Sophia went on and performed Big Spender.

While she was on Justin gave me a bear hug and whispered that I was beautiful and I would do great. Also, he said that if I get nervous look in his eyes. Then he left me with a kiss on the cheek. When I walked onstage I saw Alfredo,Ryan,and Justin screaming with Alison. My solo was Another Girl.

Justin's P.O.V.
Kayla was beautiful the way she waltzed around the stage. Before her turns she made quick eye contact with me and I just smiled at her. When she got done I jumped up and was cheering and yelling "WOOO! GOO KAYLA! I LOVE YOU BABYGIRL". When she was fully off I ran back to the dressing room and picked her up twirling her around and giving her a big bear hug.
"You did absolutely amazing!" I said squeezing her.
"Thank you" She replied softly.
I set her down and sat down then she dragged me over to her make-up station and sat me down so she could sit on my lap.
Kayla's P.O.V.
The first thing I did when I walked on and off stage was look in the judges eyes because that shows confidence. During the dance I looked at Justin and he smiled at me. When I got done I saw the judges smiling brightly and Justin cheering loudly as well as Alison, Fredo and Ryan. When I got off stage Sophia looked at me with envy in her eyes. Ha jealous bitch. Justin engulfed me in his arms. When we got done our hugging fest I sat him down in my chair and sat on his lap. I had to put my hair into a donut bun. I straightened the ends and put it up high. I put on my swan costume. I was the white swan and Chloe was the black swan. We took a whole bunch of photos and went backstage. We walked on stage her looking sophistacated and me looking young and joyful. We performed Black Swan.

When we got off we ran to get on the group dance costumes. Kendall, Maddie, Chloe, Sophia, MacKenzie, Nia, Paige, Brooke, and Asia were demons and I was the angel. For a couple reasons, I was the tallest and was the strongest dancer. Justin helped me into my costume and placed light kisses on my neck or my "relax spot". That's what Justin and I call it because it doesn't turn you on it only makes your muscles relax. Abby took a group photo and we headed backstage. Justin held my hand tightly. Then we started dancing to Angels and Demons.

We got ready for awards and I took my hair out of the bun letting it fall is light curls. We all sat down on stage and duets/trios ages 10-12 were up first. The last two spots were being announced and Chloe and I were holding each other tightly. They called us for first place and we stood up letting them but medals around our neck and gave us the plaque. Abby, Christi, and Justin were clapping so loud and smiling. Next was group dances ages 8-12 We got called for first and everyone was screaming while jumping up and down. They handed me the plaque and we took a group photo. Lastly was solos ages 9-12.
"Second runner up with a score of 250.67 is act number 48, Miss Maddie with in my heart" The judge announced. Maddie frowned but put on a smile for everyone.
"First runner up with a score of 273.96 is act number 49 Miss Sophia with Big Spender" The judge said.
"And our first place winner with a score of 296.99 and the winner of our most passionate dance award is act number 50 Miss Kayla Winters with Another Girl. Also, Junior Miss Dance" The Judge stated.
I stood up grinning and they put a sash on me then handed me my two plaques. Lastly, they put the tiara on top of my head and handed me a check for $5,000. The audience was screaming and clapping. Fredo, Alison, Ryan and Justin were jumping up and down hugging each other. Abby was smiling and clapping, the moms were laughing at Melissa and Jackie while clapping and Melissa and Jackie were frowning.
"Would you like to thank anyone?" He asked.
"I wanna thank Abby, Justin, Fredo, Alison, Ryan, the moms and the rest of the crew" I said. Everyone walked backstage and to their dressing rooms. I walked into the one where all the others girls were and change into white denim shorts, white pink and orange striped tank top that says surf on it, and black and yellow supra. When Abby walked in everyone fell silent.
"Congratulations on the group and duet getting first" Abby grinned.
"But Maddie" She said turning her attention to her, "You let Kayla freak you out, last week you were fine with Sophia, remember there is always gonna be someone better than you" Abby finished making Maddie nod.
"Sophia you're suppose to be the best, Miss Fierce but you got second meaning you were the first to lose" Abby said.
"Now what do I have to say about you" Abby questioned herself about me "You were flawless, a lot of emotion and turns, you're a beautiful dancer I'm very happy you got 1st" Abby giving me a hug then leaving.
I walked back to my dressing room and Justin tackled me to the floor hugging me. Everyone piled on top of me. We laid there for awhile and then packed up. While we were walking out Abby called me over to her.
"Can you come back next week?" She questioned.
"Yeah no problem" I answered.
"Also I wanted to say congrats on getting signed. I know you're amazing and will get far. If you ever want to compete you're always welcome. And your true denstiny is not too far from you" Abby said.
"Thank you, I'll come back" I smiled.
I gave her a hug and walked off. The crew wasn't there so I figured they went into the car. Suddenly a lot of people started coming towards me asking for pictures and autographs. It took a while but then I got in the car. I leaned on Ryan's shoulder and closed my eyes. We drove to a small diner and ate. I got quesadilla and strawberry lemonade. We ate then left for home. I got home and took a shower washing all the hair products out and brushing my teeth. I got out and put on some underwear and Jay's sweatshirt. I dried my hair then climbed in bed. Justin pulled me into his chest and started playing with my hair.
Justin's P.O.V.
I was playing with her hair until she kissed my chest. I looked down at her and smiled.
"I'm really proud of you" I whispered.
"Thank you, you give me strength" She whispered back.
"I love you so much" I said putting my face infront of hers.
"I love you so much too" She replied.
I gave her a final kiss and pulled her as close to me as possible. I buried my head in between her chin and shoulder and dozed off. She cuddled into my chest and kissed that spot letting me know she was going to sleep. I went to sleep knowing I had everything I need in my arms.