Chapter 1

(Mel's P.O.V)

I woke up from another dreamless sleep hoping I wasn't still in the hell hole of a cage that's been my home for the past 3 years. I found two bowls next to me on with dirty water and one with what looked like some sort of food but I've never known what,but at the moment I didn't care I was too hungry. See maybe I should back up a little bit, My name is Mel,I am about 12 years old and when I was 9 the joker decided to kidnap me and keep me as his little pet. And you probably are thinking that's a little bit of an exaggeration...

But no.
He literally has a collar on me there's a leash and he treats me as though I'm a dog

Any way back to my terrible morning. Being as hungry as humanly possible I stuffed my face with my only meal for the day. Afterwards someone cleared there throat to get my attention.

I looked up to see the forever smiling maniac himself.
"So how's my little pet today."
I swear if he smiles any bigger his face is gonna rip.

"Peachy" I mumbled before gulping down the water."Ok now that your done lets go!" He laughed wildly while attaching the dog leash he had for me.

This is unusual. He never takes me out of this cage unless it's for punishment. I don't think I did anything wrong. This time. I thought as he opened the cage and I stood up stretching for the first time in weeks.

He must have seen confusion on my face cause he laughed madly again before saying"no you are not in trouble this time" I sighed in relief for once I kept my mouth shut! "Instead I'm taking you on the job see I need a little bit of help on this one and seeing as your trained in martial arts I decided if maybe I could use you on the job more often" I narrowed my eyes at him and replied with "and you didn't think of this two maybe three years ago?"

"I could still put you in that cage you little wretch"he said while squeezing my pale freckled cheeks together making my lips purse. After he let go I decided to not say more"good choice, now I don't think that you can work in those clothes so let's go get some new ones and a mask from Harley"

"You call these torn rags clothes?!?"SMACK!"your lucky I need your help"he sneered before walking towards a door pulling the leash he had me on getting me to come.

"HARLY!!!"he yelled causing me to flinch.
"Yes Mistah' J?" Harley said coming from another room."I'm taking my pet out on the job and she needs something to wear,have anything?"he asked she looked me over then her eyes widened as she took the leash from the Joker and pulled me into another room with clothes ,and by the time she was done I had on, black cargo pants, a dark green tank top, a black leather jacket that cut of right above my stomach, black combat boots, fingerless biker gloves, and a leathery type domino mask around my icy blue eyes. My light caramel brown hair pulled into a french braid.

When we were finished we came out to rather annoyed looking Joker. He smiled and grabbed my arm since the collar was with Harley. He pulled me down hallways and we emerged in a warehouse filled with stolen goods, weapons, and modes of transportation.

"Chose your weapons you'll need them"he said quickly wanting to leave.
I walked over picked up some twin katanas and clipped them on my back got some throwing stars and stashed them in my pockets on the inside of my jacket then got a knife and put it in the pocket on my right thigh lastly put some knockout darts in the pocket on my left turned around and said "I'm ready"he got up from were he was sitting and said to me "get on a bike I'll explain on the way there" pointing at the motor bikes in the corner of the warehouse.

If your wondering about how about how a 12 year old knows how to use these weapons and ride the bike lets just say I didn't grow up in the greatest part of Gotham city and I certainly didn't grow up with the greatest parents.

I got a green and gray helmet and got on a black bike and followed the Joker out of the warehouse. Through the com in my helmet he said seven words that made my heart stop.

"We are going to kill the batman"

----------------------------------

A/N
I'm so excited this is my first Fanfiction I hope you like it!!!