Chapter 12

Mel's P.O.V

Dick walks out of my room to grab me some clothes and come back with some gray sweatpants and a t-shirt that said 'zombies hate fast food'. I giggled at the t-shirt and he just smirked. He set them down on the bed next to where I was still laying down, and then went into the bathroom  and started the bath.

I took the opportunity to look around the room that must have been mine.

The room had a teal theme to it, with 4 doors in it, the one we came in, the one Dick went in, which I assumed was the bathroom, and the last one which I guessed was a closet

The room had a teal theme to it, with 4 doors in it, the one we came in, the one Dick went in, which I assumed was the bathroom, and the last one which I guessed was a closet. Dick came out after I heard the water stop running, by this time I had sat up and rested my hands in my lap.

Dick walked over to me and held out his hand, he had a soft smile on his face. I grabbed the clothes and then grasped his hand and stood up. He led me to the bathroom, where he let go of my hand and stood out side the door. "You good?" He asked. I nodded and he closed the door.

I laid the clothes down on the counter before stripping myself and stepping into the bath tub filled with bubbles

I sat there with my knees pulled up to my chest, my arms wrapped around my legs to keep them in place. I just sat there. With my chin resting in between my knees. Just thinking.

Looking back I couldn't tell you what I was thinking about, I just let my mind wander, I hadn't even noticed that I had started crying until I heard a knock on the door.

"Mel you've been in there for an hour and a half I'm just checking to see if you're all right." Dick asked from the other side. An hour and a half? Damn! "Yeah I'm fine just lost track of time I'll be out in 10." I answered back with a crack in my voice. "Okay." He answered before he walked away.

I quickly washed my body and hair before I stepped out and dried myself with the warm and fluffy white towel. I then got dressed and walked out with my hair still sopping wet to see Dick sitting on the bed starring at something on his phone.

"Hey." I whispered. He looked up and over at me, before standing up and walking over to me, where he the wiped what seemed to be stray tears from my cheeks, and then pulling me into a hug. I cried a little bit more, but then Dick let me go wiped off more tears and wrapped his arm around my back, then led me out the room and down some stairs and into a library where Dick walked over to the clock and turned it to the time 10:47 and opened it. We walked into the elevator and went down to what I remembered as the Batcave.

I saw Bruce and Alfred standing by the Batcomputer. I walked up to Bruce and tapped on his shoulder, he turned his head to look at me and gave me a soft smile. He then turned in his spinney chair and pulled me into his arms, I climbed into his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. I cried a little bit before he pulled away and wiped the tears off my cheeks. "Hey you're going to be alright." I smiled a little before answering him back, "I know that. This time I'm crying cause I'm so happy I have you guys." I felt myself being pulled off his lap and into Alfred's arms.

"And we're so happy to have you here Miss Mel." Alfred said still hugging me. I hugged him back and held on for a moment before he let go and held me at arms length by my shoulders. "Why don't you and Master Richard go watch a movie and then go to bed? I will bring you some dinner in a few moments." I nodded and walked back over to Dick who wrapped his arm around my waist and took me upstairs to a movie and entertainment room.

We watched a stupid silly movie, Cars, and had pizza and popcorn and sodas. After we finished the movie my eyes were drooping, Dick saw this and picked me, then carried me up stairs and to my room.

Once he set me down and pulled the covers up he placed a kiss on my forehead and was about to walk out when I stopped him.

"Wait!" He turned to look at me. " Will you stay with me?" I asked looked at my hands that were laying on the mattress. He walked over and moved my chin to look up at him. He had a soft smile on his face as he said "Yes." And laid down next me on the other side.

Even though I had Dick with me I still had nightmares. Guess that's not going away anytime soon.

----------------------------
Y'all I finally updated I'm so happy.

vote comment share follow

Love ya!

-purplegrungeprincess