Chapter 13

Mel's P.O.V

In my dreams I never escaped. I'm still with that psycho.

"Wake up Pet!" He cackles. "I have a surprise this morning." I lift my head as much as I can to see my parents, beaten and bloody, on their knees in front of The Joker, hands tied behind their backs.

I scrambled in the cage I was in and moved myself to the bars while sobbing and screaming out to them. I knew that they could escape, why weren't they?

Suddenly Joker lifted a gun and shot them both in the back of the head. he cackled before walking over to the cage I was in, bent down and started speaking to me.

" This is your consequence, you little wretch you should have listened to me when I told you there would be consequences, as I now have my revenge." He started cackling again. And cackling. And cackling. And cackling. And cackling.

Until I woke up to Dick shaking me, Bruce and Alfred standing at the doorway.

"Are you okay?" Dick asked. Only then did I realize that had tears still streaming down my cheeks, and that the blankets from the bed were strewn everywhere.

I look at him and shake my head and let the tears stream harder. He wrapped me in a hug and let me sob for a minute before I pulled away from him and into someone else's arms. I looked up at, to see Bruce holding me. He held me and let me sob for a few moments before he set me on my feet, knelt down in front of me, and held my shoulders.

"Mel, will you join me and Robin on the streets of Gotham?" Bruce asked as I looked at him through blurry eyes. I nodded my head.

Bruce smiled before he led me down stairs to the bat cave and for the rest of the night and most of the morning we worked on my new alias.

-----------------
I will try to update later today and if not later this week

Please please please vote comment follow and share.

Love ya!

-purplegrungeprincess