Chapter 20

(Mel's P.O.V)

"Omg I'm like really scared yet really excited at the same time." I said as me and Dick sat on the couch waiting for Bruce to get here so we could go to the cave.

"I know baby, but trust me you'll be fine, you can beat ME in a fight, your the best fighter there." He said as he kissed my cheek. "Yes but I'm not the smartest, or the fastest -obviously- and I'm like the youngest and smallest too!" I said as I blushed a little. "Babe. Calm down, it'll be okay, they won't care. Miss M is green, Aqualad has gills, and Superboy was grown in a tube. They won't care." I sighed and relaxed a bit when Dick said this.

"Oh! They're is one or two things I should tell you about, the only person that knows our secret ID's is Kidflash, Wally, so don't use our real names around them, Bruce's orders, and we call Alfred, Agent A if we have to talk about him." Dick explained. "Ok what if we need to be in civilian form for any reason?" I asked. "I just wear sunglasses and a hoodie and they just continue to call me Robin."He said and shrugged, I nodded and smiled. "What about 'us'?" I asked as I saw him blush. "W-well Wally's probably gonna try something so it's your choice if you want to tell them." I smirked and kissed him. "Okay."

"Okay love birds, shows over lets go." Bruce said startling us both and making us blush. We got up and followed Bruce to the Batcave, but Bruce stopped us both before he could open the grandfather clock. "Mel. I assume Dick told you to keep our identities secret, so I'm not going to tell you that. Instead I'm going to tell you that you have anger issues and I want you to see Black Canary for sessions once a week, and that for now your suspended from missions." He said with a completely straight face. "What? You want me to see a shrink? You know what, I don't care. Why am I suspended from missions?!" I exclaimed throwing my hands up. "Because you went and talked to Joker when I explicitly told you not to, so after 3 sessions with Canary you can go on missions, but you need some therapy." He said glaring at me. I narrowed my eyes and glared back for a moment before throwing my hands up. "Fine! Lets just go before I break something expensive." Bruce nodded at Dick, who nodded back, before opening the entrance to the Batcave.

We got into our suits, and headed to the Zeta Tube, as Batman put my ID into the computer, Robin turned to me and kissed me. "Remember," He said and pointed to himself, "Robin." He then pointed to Bats, "Batman." I nodded and looked at Batman who the nodded, and walked to up to the scanner, it scanned him and he was gone. I looked at Robin who pecked me on the lips before letting the scanner scan him and disappearing.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, before turning and walking up to the scanner.

Ember- B-08

.......and I was gone.

---------------------------------------

When I was finally on solid ground I was dizzy, I would've falling over if someone hadn't caught me. I looked up to see Robin smiling at me. "Don't worry that happens to all of us the first few times we use the Zeta tube." I nod and stand up. "I'm good now." I look ahead to see 5 other teens, all either 15 or 16. I walked forward with Robin at my side and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear before smiling. "Hey! I'm Ember!" I said and waved.

They all walked up and towered over me but seemed friendly. A boy with dark skin and blonde hair, smiled and held out his hand for me to shake, which I accepted. "Nice to meet you Ember, I'm Aqualad, or Kaldur is my real name. Welcome to the team." He said with a smile. Next a boy with bright red hair was suddenly in front of me. "Oh my gosh, you are so short." He said really fast. I glared at him. "I know." He starred at me wide eyed for a moment before laughing. "How much time have you been spending with bats? Your glare could almost rival his!" He said as he started laughing. I smiled and giggled a bit. "I know." Robin rolled his eyes. As did Batman.

"Hi I'm Miss Martian, but you can call me Megan! It's an earth name. Don't mind Wally, he doesn't know when to be quiet" Said a green floating girl. "Nice to meet you Megan." I smiled at her. "This is Superboy, or Conner, he doesn't talk much." I look at Superboy and he grunts and says hi, I say hi back before the last girl, with blonde hair and grey eyes looks at me and waves, "Hi I'm Artemis." I smile at her even though she doesn't smile back. This one doesn't trust me. "Like the goddess?" I asked knowing she probably got this question a lot. She sighed and glared before answering. "Yes." I snickered and she just glared more.

"Alright, Ember, you are going to see Black Canary, the rest of you, you know your mission." Batman said startling me a bit. "Wait why isn't she going on the mission with us? and why is she going to Canary?" Wally exclaimed. I looked at Batman and raised my eyebrow as he glared. "Ember is suspended from missions for the time being, she needs to learn to listen, and if she wants to she can tell you why she's going to Canary." He looked down at me with the hint of amusement on his face. "Your amused by my pain aren't you?" I asked and he shrugged. "Bats seems to think I have some 'issues' that he want's Canary to evaluate." I sighed. Everyone nodded and Robin came up and kissed me and hugged me before going back to the team who all looked shocked, minus Superboy, and I giggled.

I think I've found a new family, and I couldn't be happier.

----------------------------------------

OH MY LAAHHHHHHH I'M FINISHED FUCKFACES!!!!!!!!!!!

The next book will be posted before the end of summer so hang on!!!

Please, please, please, Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Till next book......love ya!

-purplegrungeprincess