Chapter 14

Dick's P.O.V

"I still don't like this." I comment as Mel comes out with her new suit on. That's right I don't like the idea of Mel becoming a hero with me and Bruce, but me and Bruce already argued about it. He won.

"Holy crap I love this suit so much!" She squeals jumping up and down, before running over to Bruce and hugging him. "Thank you!" She sighs into his shirt. He say's you're welcome before she let's go and walks over to me.

"I know you're not happy with Bruce's offer and my decision, but I'll be safe and I'll tell you if I need back up and everything." She rambles. when she stops I grab her shoulders  and pull her into a hug. At first she stiffed up in surprise, but then relaxed and hugged me back. "Promise?" I whispered. She pushed herself away to look at me although her arms were still around my neck and mine around her waist. she then held up her right pinky and said "Pinky promise." I took her pinky in mine and shook it.

We broke apart as Alfred came in. "So Miss Mel have you chosen a name?" Alfred asked her. She smiled and got a far away look before answering.

"When my mom and I were spending time together a few months ago, she told me I was like an ember, when I asked her why she told me it was because The Joker beat me and bruised me he tried to put out my fire. I told her that he did put out my fire, she said that when I betrayed him and asked for your help that I proved I was still burning, I was the embers of a fire. From then on until she died she called me her little Ember." She said tearing up. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "Okay then, Ember."

-------------------------------------------

Hope you like!

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Love ya!

-purplegrungeprincess