Chapter 10

(Mel's P.O.V)

Why are the police at my door? I opened the door to see two police officers there. At this point my heart is beating so fast I'm pretty sure THEY could hear it. "We're very sorry sweetie but we need you to come with us there's been an accident." The police lady told me. At this there tears streaming down my face. I fall to my knee's and choke out a sob clutching my stomach.  I sat there and sobbed for a few minutes until I stood up walked into my bed room and grabbed my XXL sweatshirt, the communicator Batman gave me, and my phone. I walked out the door and the police officers led me to there car.

We got to the GCPD and they led me to the commissioners office. When the commissioner saw me he looked me right in the eye, and at that moment I knew it really was true. I broke down even harder this time and just sat on the floor for a few minutes sobbing.

I felt someone put there hand on my shoulder, I looked up but I couldn't see anything through my tears. When I wiped my eyes I saw the last person I would expect to see. Bruce Wayne. When the tears started spilling again he pulled me into a hug. I didn't even know him but I hugged back.

After a few more moments of crying, the commissioner came over and kneeled down to where we were on the ground and put his hand on my back. "Mr. Wayne signed the adoption papers for you as soon as he found out about your parents." He said his voice soft. "You will go home with him tonight and you can collect your things as soon as your apartment has been investigated." Still hugging Bruce I looked over at the commissioner and nodded. He nodded his head toward Bruce. Bruce then picked me up seeing as I was still buried in his chest and arms as though I was 5 years old, and walked out to his car. He set me down in the passengers side and got in the drivers seat and started driving.

"Do you still have the communicator I gave you?" He finally asked after a few minutes. I looked up at him tears still streaming down my face like a waterfall. It took me a second but I figured it out. "Your Batman?!?" I said my voice hoarse. He nodded. I pulled the device out of my sweatshirt. "I...I never went anywhere without it.... just in case." I wiped my eyes a little, before he said, "Keep it just in case." I put the device in my pocket and a few minutes later we pulled up to a huge and when I say huge I mean HUGE mansion.

I still had tears streaming down my cheeks like waterfalls as we walked up to the door where a boy about my age was standing with an older man. "Mel this is Alfred he's our butler and this is Richard Grayson he's my ward." Bruce explained with a soft voice. "You can call me Dick I'm so sorry to here about your parents, I know how you feel." Dick said I must had had a look on my face because Dick sighed and said "My parents were killed in front of me when I was 9." He explained. I suddenly lunged forward and wrapped my arms around his chest since he was like 3 inches taller than me, and started sobbing really loud again not even caring that I've known this boy barely 30 seconds.

I eventually fell asleep with my arms wrapped around him tight and his stroking my back.

-------------------------------------------------------

OMG I'm sorry it's been forever since I updated this book I just got really busy I'm working on a few more story ideas but I will remember to update this book if I don't feel free to yell at me in the comments!

PLEASE VOTE AND SHARE!!!!!!!

-purplegrungeprincess