Entry 2:

I don't understand what my family has against me loving Darin. My mom loves my dad, my sister loves her husband, and my brother loves his girlfriend. They all love my pet cat, Missy, and they all love each other.

They just don't love me anymore.

When I first sat my parents down at the table after dinner and admitted to them that I loved Darin, they thought I was kidding. They laughed and told me to get a grip, I was a foolish 10th grader who didn't know anything about the world that she lived in. And when I told them that I was sure I loved her, and I had since 1st grade, my father screamed at me to pack my bags, leave this house, and never come back.

I'm writing this on a park bench right now. If you turn right out of my neighborhood, and take the path through the forest, you end up at a park. And if you keep going straight for about 2 minutes, you'll end up at Darin and I's secret meeting spot. We meet here when we have to tell each other something important that nobody else needs to know.

This is the bench where I told Darin that I loved her.

This is the bench where Darin told me she loved me.

Her parents already knew she loved me, and they accepted her for it. They told her that they were proud of her, and that they loved her for who she was. They told me congratulations on finding myself and for sticking up for what I believed in.

Her parents did not kick her out on the street with a bag, a backpack, a grocery bag full of food, and $53.82.

I'm waiting for her now. I texted her and told her what happened between me and my parents and she told me she was coming. She said she could make it all better.

But I don't think anybody can fix this.