Entry 9:

"Thanks for letting me stay," I said, for the hundredth time that hour. "It really means a lot to me."

"Eva, you know you're welcomed here anytime." Seth replied before walking into the kitchen to order pizza. I had called a taxi to take me to Seth's place a couple of hours ago, and so far he has welcomed me into his home with opened arms.

It wasn't the first time I'd been over to Seth's, but last time I was here I was with Darin babysitting the neighbors kids. They were going to a restaurant on this part of town and it was easy for them to drop off their kids here rather than at Darin's house. It'd been fun, but they'd made a mess of the place. We had to have Seth's help to clean up the mess that was made.

By the time Darin, Seth, and I had finished cleaning up the mess it was already 11:30 so we just spent the night. I was supposed to sleep on one couch and Darin on the other, but Seth had insisted that we take his queen sized bed and he sleep on the couch. "What's the point of having two queens over if they don't sleep in the proper bed?" He'd said as he grabbed a pillow and blanket to make a bed on the couch. I could tell by the look in his eye that he knew what was going on between Darin and I, even if we had kept it a secret.

Darin was excited. She only had a twin sized bed in her room. I only had a full, so when she spent the night, she still wasn't getting the full experience of the luxury that is sleeping in a queen sized bed. I was more confused at how Seth could've figured out about us. We were so careful, so precise. We made sure that there was no prolonged stares, no unnecessary touching, and no flirting of any kind.

Darin fell asleep in a matter of minutes, so I didn't have to wait long. I snuck out of Seth's room to find him watching a movie on the couch, still wide awake. "Seth," I said. He looked up at me before patting a seat next to him on the couch. "How did you know about Darin and I?"

Seth laughed quietly. He had a beautiful laugh that would charm any girl. Just not me. Darin's laugh did the trick for me. "I wasn't until now." He said. "Honestly, I always thought that you two would get together. Ever since Darin came home talking about how she met this pretty girl in the first grade. And I've seen how careful you two are. It looks very real. Except I know my sister, and I know you. I can tell that every move you guys make has been closely calculated. And you two aren't as touchy-feely as other best friends. But now that my suspicions are confirmed..." Seth trailed off, smiling at me. I looked down and blushed. "I'm really happy for you two. What do the girls say now a days? You guys are my... OTP?"

I laughed. "Thank you Seth. Really. You're really important to her."

"Thank you. Now get some sleep."

I walked back to Seth's room and opened the door quietly. I slipped into the room and padded over to the bed. When I got under the comforter, Darin turned and said, "I heard you two."

I smiled. "Good."