Entry 16:

I walked across the isle to grab the cabbage from a shelf in the refrigerated section. Tonight, Carter was cooking dinner and she said that she was in desperate need of cabbage, Swiss cheese, and grapefruit. She hadn't told us what she was cooking yet, so all that we knew was she was planning on entering the same dish in a food competition to win an internship with a famous chef.

Carter started taking cooking classes and going to cooking camps the summer in between 8th and 9th grade. She was so good that they accepted her into the course that 11th grades normally take this year. She had a lot of take home projects, like cooking seafood(which was a problem considering that Sammi had a deathly allergy to it), cakes, and making up your own recipes. The bright side of all of this was that we typically woke up to a good breakfast every morning.

I grabbed the cabbage and put it in my basket before walking off to find the grapefruit so that I could leave. The cheese was the easiest to find because it was right by the front. As I was navigating my way through the isles and shelves, I saw somebody wearing an outfit like the one that Darin was wearing today; a floral pencil skit with a white blouse and a black blazer. The heels that clacked against the floor sounded much like Darin's favorite pair of 5 inch heels that she wore to work almost everyday. She said she liked them because it made her already tall body even taller so that she either towered over everybody, or was eye level with them.

I quietly hurried after them, glad that I had changed during my lunch break. This morning, I had to go into the office and present my designs to the company I worked for before hurrying to the high school so that I could give a 20 minute speech to there fashion design class. After that, I raced to Chick-Fil-A to grab Sammi the lunch that I'd promised her today and dropped it off. I drove home, ate some cereal and called it lunch, before changing out of my Emanuel Ungaro Ruffle Minidress and into a loose sundress that I'd designed a couple years ago that I loved.

Carter had texted me as I was going to the post office to mail the pictures that I'd just finished printing of my samples into the company saying that she needed some ingredients for dinner tonight. I went straight to the grocery store right after going to the sporting store and buying Jacob a new soccer ball because he popped his.

So here I was, following a lady who looked an awful lot like Darin into the wine section. I was going to go anyways, because Darin's favorite type of win was on sale and I always bought it for her, but I still hadn't picked up a grapefruit yet. I watched as the lady walked up to a man in a suit looking at some expensive white wine. Then she slipped out a manila envelope and handed it to him. He nodded and she started walking in my direction.

"Was that my boss?" I asked Darin as she started walking towards me. She looked shocked, like I wasn't supposed to know that she was here. "Because I'm pretty sure that was my boss."

"Eva, sweetie! What are you doing here? Didn't you have a lot to do today?" Darin asked, smiling.

"Yeah, actually. And I still have to buy Trixie a baby gift, but Carter texted me saying that she needed some ingredients for dinner tonight, Jacob needed a new soccer ball, and your favorite type of wine is on sale so I figured I'd get all that done in my spare time." I looked at her. She was still smiling. "Why are you here?"

Darin sighed. "It was supposed to be a surprise..." she said. "But I noticed last night that you put those sketches into a folder and put it in your drawer where you put the stuff that you've finished but aren't going to show anybody. So I called your boss and he agreed to meet me here to get all of them."

"Darin!" I hissed. "There's a reason I didn't show those to him, one: we don't sell wedding dresses, two: they aren't considered vintage which is in right now, and three: he doesn't typically like those color schemes!"

Darin shrugged. "It's to late now. Anyways, I've gotta go. I have a meeting with my team back at work. Kisses!" She said, kissing me and walking away.