Entry 5:

Darin and I had just brought home the kids from the trampoline park that Franklin had his 10th birthday at. It was 10:32, and Darin was carrying Franklin because he had fallen asleep in the car. She started up the stairs and turned down the hallway that led to his bedroom, which was newly decorated with the theme of "Traveling the World", the twins gift to him.

I told the twins to go to bed, who were now 13. Amber headed upstairs to her room, that looked like a mini library. She decided to start a blog a couple of year ago and give book recommendations, book reviews, and other stuff like that. It had blown up, and now it was part of our normal schedule to go to the book store every Sunday and buy Amber a couple of books for the week.

Joshua followed, entering his room that was right beside Amber's. Joshua had this obsession with makeup. Not wearing it, but doing it. He often practiced on Amber and sometimes Darin and I. He was actually really good, and is already planning on a career as a makeup artist. I've had him do a couple of my clients makeup and they loved it.

Darin came downstairs while I was in the kitchen making the tea that she still drank, even though it's been 10 years. We sat on the couch, like we always did, and talked about our day. She told me how today, she found out one of her workers was trying to steal her combinations for her fabric softener, her newest project, and had to deal with her. Not only will the worker be fired, but she'll be sued also. Turns out that she was working for a competing company, and had faked her resume to make sure that she was hired.

I told her about my day, which consisted of taking pictures of the food for a restaurant downtown, and taking pictures of the Blackwell Farm. I didn't have the chance to edit them due to the fact that I had to take a half day and prepare for Franklin's birthday party, but I could do that tomorrow evening. Tomorrow was Franklin's actual birthday, he was born March 3rd at 7:22 p.m. Because Darin and I are sentimental, we wouldn't give him our gift until 7:22 p.m. of March 3rd. We had gotten him a lab puppy.

Every 10th birthday for our children we had gotten them a pet to teach them responsibility. Amber had gotten a beautiful grey kitten, which she immediately loved and named Freddie. Unfortunately, Freddie was hit by a car when Amber was 11, so we adopted her a new calico cat that she named Indigo. Joshua got a pet parrot that he trained to talk, sing, and fly around without landing on anything expensive. He named him Chip, short for Chipper Woodworth Longsfellow Justice, the name of his imaginary friend that he had until he was 6.

And then, we went to our bed, which was downstairs by the kitchen. Like we did every night, we read(me a photography magazine, and her some Nicolas Sparks novel), eventually flipped off the lamp, cuddled up together, and fell asleep. But never before whispering to each other how much we loved each other.