Chapter 4

Y/n's Pov

I flutter my eyes open,and scan the room around me. It's a boy's room. I get up from the bed and started to get panic. "Who are you? What am I doing here?" I scream. Then I hear a glass falls onto the floor. Did I scare this person? I suddenly hear running footsteps closer and closer and I grab a pillow ,hugging it.

A familiar face appears from the doorframe. Jason. I heave a sigh of relief . "What the ****? You shouldn't have screamed like that? People would think I'm kidnapping you when I am not" he chuckles. He comes closer to where I'm sitting and sits in front of me. "Are you getting better?" He asks and I just nod."You-You saw what happened earlier?" I ask him now but he just shrugs. "You smelled like alcohol when I arrived at your house" he states. He doesn't know? "Why did you come to my house? I thought you already left"

"You..." he pauses "Forgot something" I raise an eyebrow at him. "Uhhh I gotta stop all these pretending shit. You know what Y/n? I know! About your dad abuses you at home.i guess that's why you're never happy at school right? Why did you never tell me about this? You could of told me! I at least can do something for you.." he grabs my both arms and looks at me in the eyes. "Y/n let me do this to you. I can see the pain in your eyes. I can't see you getting hurt like this" he caresses my arms. I shake my head trying to hold back my tears. "No Jason. There's nothing you could do to help me. No one will get it" I look down at my palms,trying to avoid eye contact with Jason.

"Send me home,Jason". I demand. "Look, all I'm trying to do is to help you. You could at least thank me!" He says almost yelling. He storms out of the room and slams that door behind him. I got him mad,i know Jason cares about me but the thing is I can't just do that to my dad,he is still my father after all. I get on my feet and grab my stuff, I make my way to the door,opening it. I could see Jason is sitting all by himself , knees up to his chest staring at the table in front of him. I walk closer to him.

"Jason...I'll just go now. Thank you for taking care of me and care so much about me. I appreciate it" I mutter. He chuckles as I said that. What's so funny now? He quickly gets up from his position just now and he's about to leave when he walks up to the front door,then he stops. "Really? Do you really appreciate what i do for you now? Cause I don't see like it. I care about you Y/n , but you keep shutting me out! This just shows me that I shouldn't care so much about anyone anymore. It's worthless. It's been a while I've ever cared about anyone since my brother died.. when I saw you I thought you were different, because I literally felt the need to protect you. I cared so much. Guess I was wrong,you're just like the rest. When I start to care about something , there must be something that will hurt me in the end. It's not always about you ,Y/n... you're not the only one who's hurting.." he pauses then he looks up at me ,I gasp when I see his eyes are watering.

"Jason.. I'm sorry" I apologize , as I feel like I'm the reason why he is tearing up. It wasn't you.. my subconscious tells me. "I don't care anymore. I don't want to see your face again when I get home. Leave as soon as you can" he says without looking back at me,and leaves his house. What did I do? I really do feel guilty at Jason. I must have pissed him off so much. I make my way to the front door and exit his house.

I take a cab to get back home. As I get there , I pay the cab's driver and when I step out of the car, I immediately feel scared and my heart is pounding like crazy. I walk to the front door and twist the door handle open. I could see my dad is on the couch , putting the ice packet on his head. His head snaps at me when I open the door. "Oh quite surprising to see you again here, I thought you'd ran away with your little boyfriend". I sigh taking my shoes off. "He isn't my boyfriend" my dad chuckles at that. "It's obvious, what's his name?" He asks. It's actually weird that he cares. He doesn't ,does he? "Why does it matter?" I blurt out. I sound rude. "Just fucking answer me!"  He shouts . "Jas-Jason McCann" I tell him .

My dad turns to look at me weirdly like I just grew two heads. "What?" He faintly asks again. "His name is Jason McCann" I tell him again.  "Is he from your school?" He asks again. I nod in response. "He can't be in school .." my dad mutters under his breath. Does he know him? "That kid is rich,he must be..right?" My dad looks at me now, wanting an answer. What is this about? I should've known,my dad seems to be interested with his wealth.  But it could be something else.. he seems like as if he knows Jason. Jason has quite a big mansion,and I didn't see anyone else in the house except him. I saw pictures, but they were only him and his brother. He has a sports car and a motorbike, I can tell he is rich or maybe his parent is. My dad slaps me across the face when I literally just got lost in my deep thoughts. It hurts but I am used to it.

"Answer my goddamn question!" He shouts again. "Yes-yes I think he is ...rich" my dad nods smiling happily. "So he just lives around the town then? I didn't really get to see his face but you'll bring him to me when i ask you to" he puts the ice pack down and light up his cigarette. "Wh-what? We aren't even together" I stutter. "Just do it!" He yells before deciding to speak again, "I only heard his name before, I'd never get the chance to know how this guy looks like. Luck hovers above me just when he is just around here, around my daughter" he pauses "much closer than I thought" he says. "Thanks to you,daughter" he chuckles before pacing into the kitchen.

What is dad implying to? What did he mean? He knew Jason all along. Who is Jason McCann,for real. He isn't just an ordinary teenager boy like I thought he was .my perception about him suddenly changes right after my dad told me that. Who is the real Jason McCann?