Chapter 13

Y/n's Pov

I woke up the next morning having the bed all to myself. Jason is gone. I sat up on the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I did my business, and got myself ready for the day.

Where could he be?  I shrugged hanging the towel I used on the bathrooms rack. "Why should I care?" I told myself. "Care about who?" I was startled by Jason who just entered the room. "Where did you go?" I mentally facepalmed myself.  Why did I have the urge to ask him that? I heard him chuckled, shaking his head. He placed a plastic full of snacks on the table, he handed me another plastic bag to me.

"Your breakfast" he said. I took it and sat myself on the hotel room's floor. "Have you eaten?" I asked him. He nodded his head, laying himself down on the bed.

•••
"Where are we going now, Jason?" I asked. "I just called my friend in the town, and he said your dad's partners in crime, has guarded around my house. They've never left, so we can never go back there. And I'm not gonna send you back to your home either. I'm not gonna let you be anywhere close to your father anymore" he flickered his eyes from the road, glancing at me "He doesn't deserve you. Nobody deserves a father like that, Y/n.. As bad as I am, I would never do that to my own daughter. To someone that I love. If you know what I mean" I watched he had a hard time saying that, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

I'm so weird.

Jason reached out his hand and rested it on my left thigh. His hand slowly reaching for mine, intertwining them together. "I promise, as long as I'm still alive, I would protect you with my life. I will not let anybody hurt you. You've hurted so much. I promise, Y/n.. I promise" he turned to face me and sent me a smile. My heart rate sped up, beating so fast. "Thank you Jason, thank you", i thanked him.

Our hands stayed that way for so long. I cleared my throat, and he finally let go of it. "Sorry" he mumbled. I smiled awkwardly at him.

I heard a chuckle from him, all of the sudden. "This is crazy" he said. "What?" I asked him. His eyes widened as I asked him that. "Oh huh nothing. I was just thinking about something, I was talking to myself" he said, faking a smile.

I nodded understanding.

Jason's Pov

Y/n cleared her threat and her eyes staring at our hands intertwined. I quickly let go of her hand, and awkwardly smiled at her.

Why do I feel this way? Jason.. what is happening to you man? Are you falling for this girl? You can't!

She's a weak girl. My conscience convinced me.

No she's not, she's the strongest person I've ever known.

You're undefeated, Jason. Every gang members in this country fears you. Out of all girls, why do you choose this girl? She's just a weak girl.

Shut the **** up. I gritted my teeth. I shook my head. You're whipped, Jason.. you're getting crazy, you know how much this girl has changed you. You do know things are different ever since you met her. You feel like you're all complete now. But you keep denying.

"This is crazy" I said. "What?" y/n  asked making me widening my eyes. "Oh huh nothing. I was just thinking about something, I was talking to myself" I said, faking a smile.

"Oh alright" she shrugged, looking out the window.

No, I'm not gonna let her know this. Not yet.

"Y/n.. we have to leave this country for a while. Until my people tell me it's all safe." I told her. She suddenly looked up at me in confusion. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"Canada, we're going to Canada. We'll be safer there" she looked scared. I know that look. "Hey.. hey look we'll be safe okay. I promised you that I'll protect you. I'll always be there to protect you. No one knows where we are going, they won't either. I need you to trust me" I grabbed her hand in mine. I hate seeing her scared like this.

I brought her hand to my lips, and I kissed the knuckles. I hoped that I did comfort her, I wanted her to feel safe with me. "Do you trust me?" I asked her. She turned towards me, and a smile lurked on her lips. "Yes, thank you Jason" I returned the smile, and released her hand. Focusing back onto the road.
I drove us to the airport, and it took us 30 minutes there.

We arrived at the airport, and I exited the car, waiting for Y/n walked to my side. "Lets go" I pulled her hand walking with me. A private jet belongs to Mason, at first. But he gave it to me, it was all mine. As I stepped my foot onto the jet's staircase, I felt Y/n being pulled away from me. "Jason!" She shouted. I turned around and I was greeted with a punch on the face.

"Where do you think you're going, McCann?" I didn't get to see the person, as he pulled me by my hair. I groaned, trying to fight back, but his other hand held both of my hands, while his man aimed a gun at my head. "Kyle.." I mumbled. Kyle has been working for Logan for quite a time now. "Oh I thought you forgot your old friend now, McCann.. good thing you do remember. I was just thinking what to do with the girl" he lightly laughed.

I looked up to see Y/n, being held by his dad. "You're not taking my daughter anywhere with you" the old man said. I snorted, "Your- your daughter? You barely even--" I could hardly talk with blood dripping from my nose, he broke my fucking nose! Anger built up in me , as the memory of crying flashing in my head. "You treated her like a slave! Like she's no one to you! You've hurted her so many time. You don't deserve to call her your daughter!" I spat the blood in my mouth.

Y/n's dad laughed, shaking his head. "You know nothing about her, and me. Don't act like you care so much about her, young man. You'll get her hurt soon without you knowing..." he smirked as he pulled Y/n's hair harder. "How can you trust such a guy, Y/n... he's a murderer, manwhore.. he just wants to use you for his own manly needs. He will dump you before you know it" he said into her ear. Y/n had her gaze on me the whole time, I kept shaking my head, not wanting her to believe his words.

"If I only want her for that, I would've done it! Asshole! I've stayed with her for months, I've never done such a thing, Y/n you know that! You know me better than that!" I shouted. Kyle kicked me in the ribs, while his man slammed the gun on my head. I fell onto the ground, my head was pounding, my vision started blurry. "Jason! Don't hurt him.. please! You can take me with you" I heard her voice.

I suddenly heard gunshots, and saw a few bodies fell onto the ground. I watched Y/n's dad ran away from the scene, and Y/n running towards me. Kyle left with his men. "You won't get away with this!" He shouted. "Jason, my man.. you're alright?" Toby one of my man helped me up on my feet. "I'm alright, I'm alright. I just need a nap, rest. My head is killing me" I said. Toby looked hesitant. "Are you sure you'll be alright?" He paused . "I mean, you're still going there?" He asked . "Yes, they don't get to track me there, trust me. I know how to take care of myself" I said. He nodded, helping me get myself into the plane.

He laid me down on the small bed in the jet, while Y/n sat herself beside me. "Are you all right?" I asked her. She smiled, nodding her head. "Thank you.." she said to Toby. "It's Toby, I'm one of his closest friend. Just be safe, okay?" He told her. She smiled and with that, Toby exited the plane and the door started closing. "Can we go now, Mr. McCann?" The pilot asked me. "Yes, Darren, we may go now" I said.

A few minutes later, I felt the plane moving. "Let me just clean the blood off of you" Y/n said, standing up from her seat. "Thanks" I muttered.

I hope this goes well.