Connection

*Bruno P.O.V.*

Candace and I drove down to Treasure Island to find some information on it before Michael dumped this place.

We both got out of the car and wandered around the building. "Babe, look." Candace said to me. There was a sign on the door advertising who the realtor of the building is. "Aaron Moore." I read aloud. "You think he could give us information about Michael?" Candace asked. "Well all we can do is call and ask." I pulled out my phone and dialed the number under the picture.

"Good afternoon, this is Aaron Moore, how can I help you today?" "Hello, Mr. Moore, my name is Peter Hernandez and my fiancée and I were in the neighborhood, and we saw your sign." I looked at Candace. "We were interested in buying some property "
____________________________________

"Hello, we're here to see Mr. Moore." Candace said to the technician. Aaron was more than happy to take Candace and I today, and we were ready to find out information.

"Hello Mr and Ms. Hernandez." Aaron greeted us. "Please, sit." I guided Candace to her seat, and I sat beside her. "So I have an idea, what building were you interested in buying?" Candace crossed her legs, and said, "The old Treasure Island." Aaron knew exactly what we were talking about, and now we had his full on attention.

"But before we write a check, we would like to know information on the seller." Aaron began typing and said, "Oh, the seller, Michael Bryan Smith is his name. He was the manager." Aaron smiled.

I hated to put Aaron in the middle of our problems, but it was what he had to do to get our son back. "Did he give any particular reason why he sold it?" Candace asked. "My apologies ma'am, but that is all of the information I can give."

Candace went into her purse and pulled out her check book. "How many zeros will it take for you to give us all of the information we need?" "You're not here to buy the building, are you?" I raised a brow, "You catch on fast. Now, the lady asked you question, I suggest you answer it." I smiled faintly.

Aaron stood up and checked outside his office to make sure no one was listening. "Okay, look, I don't want your money, but I will say this. About 4 years ago, Smith wanted to sell the building, but he hadn't paid his monthly dues for 8 months."

Candace interrupted and asked, "So you're saying he hadn't paid the mortgage on the building for 8 months straight?" Aaron twisted his lip nodded his head. "He wasn't allowed to sell the building until he paid off his debts. Then a week later, he came here and destroyed everything. Him and 5 other men came in with bats and guns and ravaged the place."

I put my hand over my mouth. "Shit." I said to myself. "He said something about going to Paris and living there." Aaron laughed and said, "I guess he was afraid he'd get caught here, so he fled the country." He added.

"I think that's all we need to know. Thank you for your time Mr. Moore." Candace stood up and put her purse strap onto her shoulder. I shook his hand, thanking him for the information. "Oh, and this is for you." Candace handed him a check. "$10,000?" Aaron asked in shock. "Sorry, I'm on a budget at the moment." Candace and I then walked out of the building.