How It All Happened

*Bruno P.O.V.*

We found a little restaurant, far out of the city of Paris. We were all seated, and by the expression on my son's face, he was traumatized.

"You know what you want to eat?" Candace asked Peter. "I'm not hungry." "What's wrong?" I asked. "I saw a man get stabbed today." He said. I looked at Candace and she was fiddling with her short hair.

"You stabbed a man?" I asked. "Yeah." She said as if it wasn't a problem. "Is there something you guys need to tell me? Are you working for the FBI or something?" Peter asked.

"No!" Candace laughed. "We don't work for the FBI." "We are just very protective parents." I rubbed his back.

"I thought you were dead. Mom had poison and she supposed to give it to you."

"You have very slick parents." I said.

Flashback

"Bruno! Bruno wake up!" I stretched over to turn on the lamp to see my newly wed freaking out. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I asked. "No! but I know how we're going to get our son back!"

I sat up and rub my eyes. With a hoarse voice I asked "How?" "This!" Candace pulled out a vial with blue liquid in it." "What is that?" I grabbed it from her and looked at it, as if it were something extraordinary.

"It's poison!" She smiled brightly. "Ive never seen someone so excited to have a vial of poison." I chuckled. "I know! But I have a plan!" "Okay but where did you get this from?" "From Michael." "You went to see Michael!? Candace you could've been killed! What the fuck were you thinking?" I asked. "Michael told me, the only way we can get Peter back, is to..." "What? Spit it out dammit!" "I have to kill you." She softly said.

"Call me selfish, but I'm not drinking that shit!" "I know you aren't, and neither am I. But that's the point. Michael is so gullible, he thinks I'll actually do it." "Okay. So what's the plan?" I asked.

"We dump this shit out, first of all, and we refill it with water, and put some blue dye in it." I said "How are we going to play this out though?"

"We go to the café, and order your drink, and then go to the bathroom. I'll drop the decoy in the drink, and then you'll come back. Just give me like 3 minutes at the max. Sip it, and just start coughing and choking. That's what it'll do. I'll take you back to the room." Candace explained.

"And then I can change my clothes and just disguise myself and get the rental car." "Rental car? We have that?" Candace asked. "Yeah, I got it the day of the wedding but you were so drunk to know you rode in it, on our way back to the hotel." Candace dropped her head. "Anyways, I'll wait in the car, and when you get Peter, just call for me." I said.

"That sounds like a plan!" I curled my fingers with Candace. "Just be safe. Okay? I don't want to lose you anymore." "I don't want to be lost anymore." She retorted.

Present Time

"And yeah, that's what happened!" Candace smiled at Peter. Peter looked at me then at his mother. "But I have more questions..." Peter said. "Of course, ask away!" I said. "Why did you guys kill his brother and father?"

To be continued...