Caught

*Bruno P.O.V.*

Candace and I were very disappointed in our sons belligerent behavior lately. I can recall his attitude converting this way back when he began middle school when he was 11 years old. That was only three years after he heard his mother pull the trigger on a man he grew up to know as his father.

He had a very troubled childhood and I have to say, I felt bad for him. He complained that he was mistreated and simply "mistreated."

>>>Flashback<<<

"What's wrong Sweet P?" Candace asked 11 year old Peter. "They say mean things about me and you guys." He wiped his eyes. "What do they say?" I asked. "They call mommy is ugly and tell me my real daddy doesn't love me." He continued. I remember seeing the sadness in Candace's eyes and she could see the same in mine.

>>>Present<<<

From that day on his behavior merged from a sweet and innocent kid, to a vicious and close minded child. We never encouraged our son to fight. Unless it was out of defense, but from reports, he was an aggressor, something we taught him not to do.

I sat with Candace and said, "I don't know what we're going to do with him babe. He's just so out of control." "I don't know either. But this behavior has got to stop! I'm tired of it."

*knock knock knock knock*

I heard. "Did you invite someone over?" Candace asked, "No, did you?" "No" she replied.

I opened the door and there stood an officer. "Good afternoon officer." When I opened the door wider, I saw my son, Peter standing beside him.

"Good afternoon, are you Peter Hernandez II?" He asked. "Yes sir, I am." "Well, I was doing my daily duty of patrolling the streets, and I found your son, along with other youth smoking Marijuana at the park. I guarantee he won't be sent to Juvenile Hall, but it is a high possibility he will be put on probation."

This struck my attention immediately, especially since I've been involved with drugs. Although this drug is not deadly it can lead to deadly drugs and after losing the first baby, before Peter, I can't bare to lose another.

"Okay officer, I apologize for his behavior we will take of it." I grabbed Peter by his shoulder and gripped it tightly holding in my anger.

As I closed the door. I grabbed him by his shirt, and sternly asked, "You want to explain to us why you're taking drugs?" "Because I wanted to! I didn't hurt anyone!" Peter shouted.

"Peter! You hurt your mother!....you hurt me!" We had never told Peter about his older sibling who died about 14 years ago, and I think it was finally time to tell him.

"Peter sit down." I pushed him towards the couch. "Babe, be gentle okay." Candace grabbed my hand. "I will baby." I whispered.

I grabbed Candace's hand, "No parent should bury their child, and we don't want you getting into drugs. Your mother and I both know what they're like, and it's not the life you want to be apart of." I looked at my feet and cried. "I'm not ready to tell him."