16

I knew I was getting bad again when all I could think of was how beautiful would it be to rip my wrists open. The sight of blood oozing from my flesh would such a delightful sight to see. I pursed my lips into a thin line, frowing at the shining metal placed on my desk, while I sat on my bed, trying my best not to move and and inch because I know the shit that'll happen if I do so.

I can't break my promise.

not anymore.

"Elise, you get back here this instant!" I heard my father yelled from the outside. His voice stern and full of authority. My mother responded with a curse, followed by a smashing sound.

The tears earlier have now dried on my cheeks. I feel numb. I feel empty, but my mind spoke of the nothing but the most deadliest things. The sounds of glass breaking echoed inside my ears, followed by a yell, a curse, a scream, then followed by another smash. It was a cycle going on for five hours straight now.

My eyes stayed glued on the piece of metal illuminated by the moon that had managed to seep through my heavy curtains. It was shining and truly inviting. The thought of passing out carved inside my mind as I recalled how much of a hell these past week is.

I couldn't even look at my bestfriend nor speak without my insides clenching and my heart breaking. He was trying to apologize but I would just ignore him like how he ignored me last week. I tried getting the answers out of him, but he wouldn't budge. He'd look away and say, "It's not my place to say, Jungkook." and thus why, I couldn't help but get mad at him.

What? He want me to leave his brother alone without an acceptable reason? bullshit.

And speaking of his brother, it's been four days straight now and still I haven't heard anything from Jimin. I left him a bunch of messages but still no replies. I sneaked inside his room one night, only to find it empty and the bedsheets untouched. I wanted to asked taehyung but I'm still pissed as fuck. I even went and paid Yoongi a visit but he was no use, since the last time he saw Jimin was also the day we were at the museum.

My heart ached. It's like he vanished, just like that. I hate this feeling. Now I'm doubting if he really does love me or he just toyed with me. Taehyung's words were installed in my mind and could never delete it no matter what I do. He said Jimin brings nothing but bad news, and now I'm starting to believe it too, and I hate it.

"You useless piece of shit!" I heard my mother yelled, pulling me out from my train of thoughts. It's a friday and my parents decided that it was a great time to fight and trash the house once again in the middle of the night because I don't have classes tomorrow. Yeah, such great parents they are.

I glanced on my phone beside me and was disappointed to see nothing. I sighed, getting up on my feet before reaching for the doorknob. My hands trembled against the cold metal handle, glancing at the blade on my desk as I resist the urge to sprint my way across the room and add another magnificent cut on my wrists. "Useless?! You're nothing without my money, woman. If anyone, you're the useless one here!" My father's voice rang inside my head, pulling me out from my trance before twisting the knob slowly.

I was welcomed by the sight of our maids hiding behind the wall, their faces showed nothing but afraid and frustrated. Their eyes widened when it landed on me, "Young master, you're awake." one of them gasped.

I just sighed and ignored them, walking my way out of the hall and ventured downstairs. And as expected, the living room was pretty trashed with broken pieces of glass everywhere, the couch now shoved to the side and plants thrown everywhere. The only thing left untouched was the chandelier hovering above them and I know that if it weren't too high up in the ceiling, the both would've broke it too.