Chapter 7

Let me start off by saying I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had given up on my stories and left my account for a long time thinking no one liked them........ but then my sister looked and I saw how many reads I had and I am back :). Thank you for reading! I would also like to give you an update, my dad is on his second to last round of chemo and my mom was just recently diagnosed with the most aggressive form of breast cancer. So I may be slow with updates but I will try to not abandon it.

Thanks!

(Sorry for the boring explanation that most of you skipped anyway, and now on to the story!)

**********

Thinking quickly I decided to try and act like I was someone different and turned back to my mom.

"Emma?" Derrick questioned walking up to me.

I pretended not to notice, and turned to my mom. "What do you think, will it work?"

"Emma!" Derrick said pointedly.

"Don't be rude Emma." my mom said turning to look at Derrick”Hi I’m Emma's mother; it's nice to meet such a...... handsome friend of Emma's"

I really wanted to slap my mother for her stupidity, why could she not just play along!?!

"Thank you Mrs. Larson, I'm Derrick." he said shaking her outstretched hand.

I glared at my mother attempting to ignore his presence.

"What do you think mom?"

"It is gorgeous baby girl, but you should make sure you can dance in it."

I nodded and got into a starting pose. Before I could even begin Derrick was in front of me pulling me into a slow dance form.

"I hope you don't mind, but I will play the partner."

"It is a solo dance, and you should not even be here." I said harshly while trying to bury him with my eyes.

He chuckled "Why don't you show off this amazing body and amazing dance moves at school?" He began a simple Rumba.

"Because it will ruin everything!" I yelled pulling back "I was doing fine, no one knew and then you came along and ruined everything! Just go, go tell everyone I'm not who I seem, just go ahead and get it over with!"

I stormed into the dressing room and slid to the ground tears cascading down my cheeks as I choked back sobs.

His face flashed before my eyes and I curled into the fetal position. I can't let derrick do the same, I swore I would never, ever let anyone do what he did.

A soft knock rasped on the door. "Emma," Derrick asked gently, "Are you ok?"

"No, go away." I said weakly my voice cracked.

"Please let me in."

"Never, not again, just leave me alone."

I heard whispers and slid into my workout clothes knowing I needed to get to practice. I walked out of the room and ignoring Derrick walked up to my mom.

"We need to go." I stated

"What about the dress?" She asked glancing at it behind me.

"We need to go." I repeated and walked out of the store, knowing she would follow.

This wasn't my first breakdown, but it had been a while since my last one. I took a deep breath as I slid into the car and we began to drive towards Denver.

******

I arrived at practice early and went to the locker room. I sat on the ground and stared vacantly ahead going over every detail of this disaster, starting with him and ending at the store today. One thought plagued my mind, Why me?

Soon enough Bree and the other girls walked in and as soon as she spotted me her eyes softened.

"What happened, was it another breakdown?" She asked sitting next to me.

I nodded

"Tell me everything." she demanded, so I did.

"Not everyone is Liam, maybe he is different, and you should give him a chance Em."

I shook my head "I can't, I swore I would never let that happen again, and Derrick is dangerously close to my real identity, He CANNOT find out, no one can." I said

She nodded, and quickly changed the subject. "Are you excited for the dance? I think we will make it an early Pollo Loco." She said as she helped me up.

I nodded and we walked out and began practice.

I started on the floor and began my routine that depicted my story, letting all my emotions free.

After practice was finished we all showered and discussed the dance, as well as our first competition of the season.

Finding my mom in the parking lot I quickly waved goodbye and jogged to her car.

"Sweaty how was practice?" She asked cautiously glancing over at me. She expected me to break down again.

"It was great." I said smiling and began telling her about it, easily sliding on another mask, another act that no one, but Liam........and Derrick could ever see through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading,

We are getting further into the true reason for her disguises.

Will derrick ever find out?

You will learn more about Liam later.

; D