Chapter 10

It had been over a month since we left and I had hundreds of missed texts and calls on my phone. Most all of them were from an unknown number, but I did have plenty from Bree and the rest of the team. I had called and told the coach I was unable to compete with them anymore and abandoned contact with my old friends, they wouldn't want to talk to me when they find out anyway. I sighed as the annoying contraption chimed again in my hands. I rolled my eyes and again rejected the call.

"Sweetie, are you ready for your first competition?" mom called up the stairs.

"Yeah, i'll be down in a minute." I called back chucking the phone in the trash. If I was going to do this I was doing it completely, no distractions, no boys.

I grabbed my gym bag and made sure I looked perfect in my custom leotard. I slid on some sweats and a jacket that had the US flag on it and National Champion written in bold letters. Deciding that I looked ready for competition I closed the door to my room and joined my mom in the car.

"Are you excited!" mom squealed as we pulled out "If you win this you will be back on track for the Olympics!"

I smiled and nodded "I forgot how exciting this is! I cannot wait to compete one on one and with the Olympic qualifiers so close it is even more important."

Mom smiled and turned to me " I'm glad I got my baby back, ever since Liam, well I was worried I lost you, you were just so sad and there was nothing I could do for you. Then you hid your identity and went to that awful school, it was just terrible. But now you are back and chasing your dream harder than ever.....I'm so proud of you my baby girl." she said tearing up slightly as we pulled up to the gym.

"Let's put that all behind us. I'm here now, and ready to be the champion you raised me to be.

we walked into the building side by side, as soon as the paparazzi noticed us all other competitors were forgotten as they flocked around us. I ignored the rapid questions and simply smiled for the cameras as we walked.

Once we made it into the building I spotted my coach and walked up to him.

"You ready champ?" he asked when he saw me.

I smiled and nodded.

"then start warming up, the competition begins in ten minutes."

I nodded and removed my jacket. Then I began the familiar warm-ups. They were much more intense than the team warm-ups we did.

I shook the thoughts out of my head. I had spent too long thinking of the past, today I only had time to focus on the future, the Olympics. I had to take it one competition at a time.

When warm-up time was over My coach came over and announced that I was on vault first.

Mom hugged me and went to find her seat.

"I know you have been out of serious competition for a while, but do you think you can land your old routines?" my coach, Jake, asked.

"I can do it, I kept practicing even with everything else going on."

He smiled "I figured you would, just like I knew you would be back. You are not a quitter, You are a champion." He said "Now go out there and show them that you are still the queen!"

I chuckled and rolled my eyes at his nickname for me. then mock saluted while calling out Yes Sir!

I missed our joking and easy working relationship.

my name was called and I walked to the beginning point. I lifted my arms in recognition of the judges, then began my run. I felt my hands connect with the table and began to twist in order to accomplish the difficult vault. My feet landed on the pad without so much as a bounce.

I threw my hands in the air with the biggest smile on my face.

The queen of gymnastics is back, competition be warned!