Chapter 2

I groaned as my alarm went off, it is too early!!! I tried unsuccessfully to fall back asleep, but I knew I couldn't be late for school.

Sighing I drug my feet to the bathroom and did my daily routine. Satisfied that I looked as unattractive as physically possible I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

Mom gave my outfit a disapproving look and passed me a bowl of oatmeal. I ate it quickly, thanked mom and rushed to school.

Fear set in as the five minute warning bell went off, I just got here! Darting toward my locker I entered the combo as fast as I could.

Soon I was doing all my homework while the teacher tried to teach the lesson to the class of sleeping, confused, or otherwise occupied kids.

Suddenly a hush came over the class, intrigued I glanced at the distraction, a boy. He was hot! His black hair was the perfect length, it looked so soft, and I just wanted to run my hands through it. As I checked out the new guy I noticed he seemed familiar.

OH NO!!! He was the guy from the dance studio (I remembered =D) and soon the realization that he also went to Denver dawned on me. He knew, it is over, I am doomed!

"Class this is Derrick Thomson, you can sit wherever you like." the teacher said monotonously.

He nodded and flashed an award winning smile as he surveyed the room, scanning for a seat. All the girls were sighing or begging him to sit by them....pathetic.

 While all the girls swooned at him I went back to my problem, but soon my mind started to wander off. I wasn’t really hiding myself because of boys, that is stupid am hiding because of my gymnastics, we were this schools rivals, and I was told I was the best on the team, if I was discovered hell would freeze over, then crack and break loose.

I sighed as I got my thoughts back on math, then they were interrupted when Derrick talked to me.

"Your the girl I saw at the dance studio aren’t you?" he said

"No, I don't dance." I replied changing my voice into that of a shy, nerdy girl.

He just looked at me for a while then spoke again. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"No." I squeaked out and pretended to pay attention to the teacher.

When school was finally over I pulled out my phone.

1 new message:

Bree: So are we on for Operation Pollo Loco?

Me: SI, but this time no Flashing!

Bree: Aww, but that was fun!

ME: no.

Bree: fine you evil chipmunk! We shall commence operation Pollo loco at 4:00.

Me: ok, ill be there....... Evil Chipmunk???

Bree: yeah, you got a problem with that?

Me: *face palm*

Bree: see you soon!

I shook my head and packed my bag. I hurried out of the school avoiding Derrick at all costs.

****

I ran to my room and packed my stuff, leaving my school bag on my bed. Running downstairs I called to mom.

"Hey mom I'm going to Bee’s!"

"When will you get home?" she said walking out of the kitchen

"It is a Pollo loco." I said in a dead serious voice.

"' fine, be more careful this time!" she chided "I will see you later." she called as I walked out.

I waved to her and got in my Jetta and pulled out of the driveway and towards Bee’s, dreading the Pollo loco, and yet being excited as always.....only Bree.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the shortness, but I wanted to get it out!