Seventeen

(Upper Row (L-R): Jun, Vernon, Mingyu, S.Coups, Wonwoo, Woozi, DK, Jeonghan, The8
Lower Row (L-R): Seungkwan, Joshua, Dino, Hoshi)

Origin____Seoul, South Korea
Genres___K-Pop, Hip Hop
Active____2015-present
Labels____Pledis Entertainment
Website__seventeen-17.com

Seventeen or SVT, is a thirteen member South Korean boy group formed by Pledis Entertainment in 2015. The group is seperated into three different sub-units with different areas of specialization: a 'hip-hop unit', 'vocal unit', and 'performance unit'.

The group's members are deeply involved in the composition and production of their tracks and their choreograhy, leading to being given a nickname as a 'self-producing' idol group.

Starting in 2013, Seventeen appeared on regular live broadcasts of a show called 17TV on the online streaming platform Ustream. During broadcasts, fans were invited to watch Seventeen training in their practice room. The show had multiple seasons during which trainees were introduced to the public, with some seasons ending in Like Seventeen concerts.

Prior to their debut Seventeen appeared as a group in the reality show Seventeen Project: Big Debut Plan, broadcast on MBC between May 2-26, 2015. The show concluded with the group's debut showcase.

Seventeen debuted on May 26 with a live showcase, televised on MBC. They became the first male K-pop group to debut with a one-hour live showcase on a major broadcasting channel, with label mates Lizzy and Raina from After School serving as MCs. Three days later, their first EP 17 Carat was digitally released along with the music video for their title track "Adore U" (아낀다). The physical album was released on June 2. Despite the group's originating from a relatively small agency, the album ranked ninth on the Billboard's World Albums Chart a week after its release and peaked at eighth, staying on the chart for a total of eleven weeks. 17 Carat later became the longest-charting K-pop album of the year in the US and was the only rookie album to appear on Billboard's 10 Best K-pop Albums of 2015.

On September 10, Seventeen second EP Boys Be was released in two versions together with the music video for the title track, "Mansae". Pre-order sales for Boys Be surpassed 30,000 album copies, with further sales confirming the group's popularity, as it became the highest selling rookie album of 2015. The album debuted at number one on Billboard's World Albums Chart and earned the group awards at the Golden Disk Awards and the Seoul Music Awards. Seventeen was the only K-pop group on Billboard's 21 Under 21 2015: Music's Hottest Young Stars list. On December 4, a digital single titled "Q&A" was released by members S.Coups , Woozi and Vernon, featuring singer Ailee. The track was revealed to have been created previous year by Woozi, long before the group's debut.

Seventeen held a four-date concert series titled 2015 Like Seventeen - Boys Wish from the 24th to the 26th of December as an end-of-year celebration at Yongsan Art Hall in Seoul, for which all tickets sold out within one minute. After the concerts' success, Seventeen had two more concerts on February 13 and 14 entitled Like Seventeen - Boys Wish Encore Concert which sold out in five minutes. At the second concert the official fanclub name was Carat (개럿) was announced.

Seventeen's first full-length studio album Love & Letter was released at midnight local time on April 25, 2016. The album was released in both a Love and Letter version, similarly to their previously released album Boys Be which also had two versions. The album sold over 150,000 copies prior to release- more than quadruple the amount of pre-orders for Boys Be- and charted in Japan there being no Japanese promotions. The music video for the title track, "여쁘다 (Pretty U)", was released on April 24 after the group's showcase. The album debuted on Billboard's Album Chart at third place and "여쁘다 (Pretty U)" issued Seventeen with their first win on a music show on May 4.

On May 13, it was announced that Seventeen would be performing in eight countries including Singapore, Australia and China between August 13-September 11 for their 1st Asia Tour 2016.

Studio Albums

Love & Letter (2016)

Extended Plays

17 Carat (2015)
Boys Be (2015)

FILMOGRAPHY

Film

The Pye Dog (2007) - Jun
The Legend is Born: IP Man (2010) - Jun
My Mother (2013) - Jun

TELEVISION

Reality

Hello Stanger (2014) - MBC - Vernon
Big Debut Plan (2015) - MBC - All
Show Me The Money 4 (2015) - Mnet - Vernon
One Fine Day (2016) - MBC - All

Drama

Intouchable (2015) - Jun

Concerts/Tours

Like Seventeen Boys Wish (2015)
Like Seventeen Boys Wish Encore Concert (2016)
Seventeen 1st Asia Tour "Shining Diamonds" (2016)
_______________________________________________________________________

source: wikipedia (seventeen)

Seventeen is also going here in the Philippines for their Asia Tour. As Philippines was also one of the chosen country for the Seventeen to held their 1st Asia Tour 2016.

And sadly i can't go to their fanmeeting I'm far from the place that they are holding the event so i can't go and i just graduated from college and still looking for a job and i still don't have any earnings. I'm really envious to those who are coming really. I even cry sometimes because i really can't go and i can't see the boys. I really want to meet them but what can i do? I still don't have money but i'm still hoping that they would come back here in the Philippines again and i hope that when they come back here i can go and see them. Maybe i should not lose hope. Right guys?