Mingyu (민규) Profile+Facts

Name: Kim Min Gyu
Native Name: 김민규
Nickname: Mr. Wristband, Technician, Mingyu Shop, Kim-ssi ahjussi
Team: Hip Hop Team
Position: Main Rapper, Face of the Group
Birthday: April 6, 1997
Hometown: Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Bloodtype: B
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Star Sign: Aries
Education: Burim Middle School ('13), Seoul Broadcasting High School ('16)
Shoe size: 270 mm
Specialty: rap, acting
Hobbies: Soccer, basketball, making plastic models/action figures
Training Period: 4 years

Facts:
Mingyu ranks himself 1st in taking care of the members.

♥ Mingyu has a melody-style rap that can capture women's heart and he knows that kind of tactics.

♥ He's envious of Junhui's Wushu skills.

♥ The meaning behind Mingyu's name is that Min means 'precious gem stone' and Gyu means 'star'. He is a precious gem stone that shines like a star.

♥ He is an optimisitic guy.

♥ Mingyu is jealous of Jun, The8, Vernon & Joshua for their ability to speak other languages.

♥ Mingyu enjoys and wants to try acting in the future.

♥ He is in charge of hair styling in the group. He sometimes does it so badly that he feels sorry. One time, he touched DK's hair and told him to wash it.

♥ On twitter chat with a fan, who wrote "We, let's not fall in love", Mingyu replied "Why...Why not?"

♥ Mingyu is the shikshin of the group (the member who eats the most).

♥ He was voted by the other members as the member whose looks and personality don't match.

♥ When Mingyu was young, he made a sailing ship with chopsticks.

♥ Mingyu said since there's a lot of members, the rooms get dirty quickly but he likes to vacuum and clean up the trash in the dorm.

♥ Mingyu's ideal type is a girl who is tall, kind and easy-going.

♥ He is close to After School's Nana and his ideal type is like her too.

♥ Mingyu's friend said that Mingyu and Wonwoo are look alike and they should be twins.

♥ Mingyu likes to hug people to show his love for others.

♥ He is in charge of changing the light bulbs in the dorm because he's tall.

♥ If Mingyu could be any other member, he'd want to be Joshua because he can speak english.

♥ He is left handed.

♥ Mingyu's role model is Big Bang's T.O.P as he shows his cool images on stage and acts well too. He wants to emulate those aspects.

♥ His favorite number is 17.

♥ When Mingyu is asked "If you have to do a unit with one of the members, who would you want to do it with?", He answered 'Wonwoo hyung'.

♥ Mingyu says he likes dogs and has a pet dog at home.

♥ Mingyu say he wants to go on a 2Din holiday alone when he becomes an adult.

♥ He views himself as a tall kid with dark skin. He isn't shy when meeting new people and befriends them quickly.

Between cats or dogs, he prefers dogs.

♥ Mingyu keeps his cool even when the instructor scolds him or has a tough time, and he is optimistic.

♥ Mingyu says he is a fan of EXO and would like to meet them one day.

♥ He's the loudest in the Seventeen dorm.

♥ The one thing that makes Mingyu the happiest and want to protect in the world is the fans.

♥ Mingyu's current interest these days is preparing his life's first year-end award ceremony stage.

♥ Mingyu is close to Wonwoo.

♥ He admits that he is sloppy although he can repair things well because he broke many things as well.

He ranks himself as #1 visuals in Hip Hop unit.

♥ Mingyu is in charge of cleaning in the dorm, as he can't stand seeing things not in its place.

♥ His favorite food is meat.

♥ Mingyu think it's weird to say "I'm in charge of visuals" since all the members are handsome. So he wanted to be more handsome so he put "dreamer" at the back.

♥ His favourite color is red.

♥ If Mingyu were a girl, he would like to date himself, "Because he's a very attentive and charming man!"

Mingyu likes to wear other members, clothes. He thinks its interesting.

♥ Mingyu is the tallest member in Seventeen.

♥ He was voted by the other members as the member who's most different from their first impressionsbof him.

If he had the opportunity, he would like to date someone older than him.

♥ He was voted by the other members as the most handsome member.

♥ Between pork belly and pig feet, he prefers pig feet.

♥ His dream is not "I want to be something" but "Whenever i am, whatever i do, i hope people will like me". He wants to be a person whom people become happy when they work with him.

♥ When he's bored at the dorm, he changes the interior.

♥ Mingyu got casted by Pledis in his 2nd year of middle school.

♥ The members thought Mingyu was older than them when they first met him but after getting to know him, they feel like he's a younger brother to them now.

♥He likes spicy foods.

♥ QN: What's your morning alarm song?
Mingyu: The chorus part of 'Fronting' (Hoshi's part).

♥ Mingyu said in an interview that 'Wonwoo hyung is like my reflection (his character is so different from me) but we can be so close!'

WORK

He appeared in NU'EST's Face MV.
• He appeared in Hello Venus's Venus MV.
• He appeared in Kye Bum Zu's 28.5 MV with After School's Kaeun.
• Appeared in Seventeen TV from 2013-2014.
• Performed at Like Seventeen shows 1, 2, 3 and 4.
• Performed at Wapop show from August-September 2014.
• Performed at SBS Award Festival in December 2014.

________________________________________________

Please follow me on Instagram @caratsseventeen and on Twitter @17caratsph. I'm more active and updated on social medias. Thanks!