Hoshi (호시) Profile+Facts

Name: Kwon Soon Young
Hanja: Quan Shun Rong
Native Name: 권순영
Nickname: Mr. Dumbbell, 10:10 o'clock, Hoshi-tam tam
Team: Performance (Leader)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer
Birthday: June 15, 1996
Hometown: Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Bloodtype: B
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 60 kg
Star Sign: Gemini
Education: Maseok High School
Specialty: Choreography
Hobbies: Taekwondo
Training Period: 4 years

Facts:
A fan once asked Hoshi, "Oppa, when do you plan to give my heart back?" Hoshi replied "I have no plans on doing that though..."

Soonyoung is the member that the trainees rely most on.

Hoshi wants Japanese Carats to call him 'Bling Bling' since Hoshi means 'Star' in Japanese.

Hoshi can speak Japanese very well and some basic Chinese.

Hoshi said it was difficult to wake up for school but he's happy now that he has graduated.

★ He confessed that one of the artists he would like to meet are SHINee.

Hoshi likes to collect bizarre photos of the members. He had to delete most of them in case he loses his phone. He says he has the most bizarre photos of DK.

He had braces before, but had them removed.

The meaning behind Hoshi's real name is that Kwon mean 'power', Soon means 'innocent' and Young means 'glorious'.

Hoshi's ideal type girl is someone who is fragrant and likes him.

Hoshi has a black belt in taekwondo and was a taekwondo champion when he was young. He says it was similar to dance moves and that's how he became interested in dancing.

★ His favorite colours are black and white.

★ Hoshi was voted by the other members as the member with the most aegyo.

Soonyoung also wants to meet Usher, Chris Brown and Beyonce.

★ Hoshi means 'Star' in Japanese. The name was given to him because of how charismatic he is on stage.

He's envious of Seungcheol's muscles.

★ Hoshi said he started dancing because of 'Takwonchejo' which was a type of taekwondo accompanied with music, so he became interested.

★ Hoshi is in charge of joking in the group and has a good sense of gag, so he's good at being comical.

★ Hoshi's role model is choreographer Keone Madrid. He says his dances are original and attracts people with beats.

He choreographs most of Seventeen's routines.

★ Hoshi said that their official fanclub name could be called "Maunteen (from Mountain)" since they are called Seventeen.

★ Hoshi wants to shoot a Chicken CF in the future.

★ When Hoshi was in middle school, he created his own dance club and participated in competitions. He got casted when he participated in the district competition.

★ Hoshi said that he attended many competitions as an athlete, and many middle schools wanted to scout him, but he had to cut his hair short to be in the Sport major so he gave it up.

★ Hoshi when asked "Since when did you become cute?", answered "since i was born...?".

★ Hoshi was picked by The8 in the 5-sec challenge for the member who is cute but can't be sexy.

★ Hoshi's message to fans is "We'll make y'all proud when you say that you're our fans. Let's be together in the future".

★ Hoshi sweats a lot when he eats very spicy food.

★ Hoshi's goal 1 year from now is to have all grown-up skills, appearance and character.

★ Hoshi says the time when he can't eat control his face is when he eats spicy food.

★ 10 years from now... Hoshi said there'll be the release of Hoshi's solo album.

★ Hoshi said the hardest time in his life was when his friends and family would ask him when he would debut but he couldn't tell them since he didn't know himself.

Between apples or bananas, he prefers apples.

★ Hoshi wants to be original and stylish when it comes to dancing and hopes to improve himself by performing.

★ Hoshi says Seventeen's fashionista is his shopping mate, Wonwoo.

★ Fan: I'm not going anywhere, because Hoshi-oppa is mine.
Hoshi: I'm not going anywhere, because i'm yours.

He was voted by the other members as the most hard working member, along with Jihoon.

★ Hoshi has no experience in dating. His mother told him to study first and date girls later in college.

★ He wants a girlfriend where he could give her chocolates and in return, receive a big kiss and a hug.

★ He likes Japanese foods.

★ S.Coups chose Hoshi as the member who could be the leader, he says he has a lot of charisma.

Hoshi once stated that he dislike eating ice cream because he doesn't like sweets nor cold things, but if he had to choose one (favourite ice cream flavour) he would go with corn-flavoured ice creams.

★ He says that his english name is Edward Kwon.

WORK

• He appeared in NU'EST's Face MV.
• He appeared in Hello Venus Venus MV
• Appeared in Seventeen TV from 2013-2014.
• Performed at Like Seventeen shows 1, 2, 3 and 4.
• Performed at Wapop show from August-September 2014.
• Performed at SBS Award Festival in December 2014

________________________________________________

Please follow me on Instagram @caratsseventeen and on Twitter @17caratsph. I'm more active and updated on social medias. Thanks!