Seeing Him Stare

The ride to their house was quiet. The driver's music was playing, and no one was bothered to change it. I was sat near the window behind the driver with the blonde on my left. Vik and the blonde kept whispering occasionally and Josh just stayed quiet.

When we did finally get there, the blonde paid and I looked around. It was a nice neighbor hood, and if I had been paying enough attention while I was looking through the window, I would know where we were.

"Do you think JJ came here?" Josh asked, unlocking the door.

"I doubt it." The blonde said. I was the last one to enter, following Vik. Once inside, I was greeted with a staircase. They all started going upstairs with their things, so I decided to wander about.

The house wasn't as big as I would have thought with, assuming, 4 guys living here. They had a room full of clothes, then like a gaming room. I avoided the closed doors. I found the kitchen, walking around the island before going to leave. But, there stood the blonde.

"Hey, I thought you disappeared." He said, chuckling slightly. He seemed more comfortable in the safety of his home. Lucky.

"Sorry." I said, looking at him. He was very attractive, so he could probably have a girlfriend with his slightly awkward but caring personality matched with his dashing good looks.

"Come on, I'll show you your room." He said, leading the way. I followed him slowly, not wanting to get completely lost in the new enviroment. I'd be leaving in the morning, so I guess it didn't really matter. Finally, after passing Vik's, Josh's, and JJ's room, we arrived at the guest bedroom which would be mine.

"The lads and I agreed you can stay as long as you need to as long as you don't interrupt us when we're recording." The blonde said, walking into the room. The bed was nicely made with a light blue duvet. The walls were a light blue as well, but the furniture was all white. It was like it had been made for a young girl, maybe a child, except the bed was far too big. What did he mean by recording, though?

"Oh, and I'm Simon. Sorry, I probably should have told you sooner." He tried to laugh it off, but he rubbed his neck. It gave himself away, he was very nervous. It was probably my fault as well, seeing as I hadn't said more than one word at a time to him.

"Thank you" I said, immediately plugging my dead phone into the wall. He stood in the door for a while before excusing himself. I sat in the middle of the room, with the door cracked. It was oddly silent until I heard someone yell.

"I'm home now motherfuckers!" They screamed. I stood up and stuck my head out the door, not worried seeing as someone yelled something back and they both laughed. To my right, I saw Simon open up his door.

"Sorry about JJ, he's a little hyped to be home for some reason." The blonde laughed, going downstairs. I was tempted to ask about getting something when he started to talk again. "We are going to go eat. Would you like to join us?"

He still wasn't making eye contact with me, which was fine. His blue eyes were incredibly beautiful, though.

"Yes." I said, and he motioned for me to follow him down the stairs. In doing so, we ran into JJ.

"Oi, who is this Simon?" He asked, blocking the rest of the way downstairs. Simon sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Her name is Lindzay. Are you coming to eat with us?" Simon asked.

"Definitely." He said, heading back downstairs with us. I walked slowly, even though Josh and Vik were coming down after me.

I let them go ahead of me once we were off the stair case. They all seemed to know something I didn't, but never spoke to me about it.

I let them be my leader as I walked behind them, sliding into the backseat with Simon and Josh on either side of me. They were all talking about something, a few mentions of YouTube came up, and then it was silent. I hadn't really been listening, but it sounded like they were all pretty big people on the internet.

"Ugh, JJ, drive faster." Simon complained. Josh started kicking JJ's seat and Vik started touching the radio. JJ himself groaned, annoyed with his friends.

"Are we there yet?" Simon asked.

"How much longer?" Josh asked.

"Where are we even going?" Vik asked, making Simon laugh. I looked around, amused, as everyone started making jokes. JJ and Vik were battling over the radio, the song continuously changing.

"Thank God we are here." JJ said, parking. I followed after Simon as we got out and saw a sign that said "Nando's"

They began chatting again, with me trailing along quietly. To my surprise, no one really stared at me. No one even glanced at me, at us. It was like they had seen us all before. Once we got in and at a circular booth in the corner, a pretty brunette comes over to us with a smile.

"Hey guys. She your new girl JJ?" She asked, making me furrow my eyebrows. I was sat between Simon and JJ, in the very middle some how.

"No, she's all Simon's." JJ said. I looked over at Simon, who's face was a bit red.

"Minter finally got one. She's pretty, good job." The brunette waitress said.

"Thank you." I said, making her smile at me and nod.

All the guys ordered, and I just ordered the same as Simon, seeing as what all the other guys got had really long names. They started talking again and then JJ chuckled.

"What?" Josh asked, looking to his right at JJ.

"Simon's all flustered because Jessica was our waitress." JJ said.

"Fuck off, man. Now that she thinks Lindzay and I are together, I'll never have a chance" Simon said. I didn't want anyone to see the hurt in my eyes, so I kept my head down. I stayed like that for a while until Jessica came back.

"Simon, what the fuck did you do?" She asked, handing out dishes and drinks.

"What?" He asked, his flace becoming redder every moment she stood there.

"Look at her. She's obviously not happy, but she was fine 15 minutes ago when I took your orders." Jessica said, shaking her head. Simon looked at me, they all looked at me, and frowned. He didn't do anything else, just looked at me. He didn't seem to realize when Jessica walked away.

He looked at me for a while before finally eating, letting me eat and not feel like I was a science experiment. I dealt with all that already growing up.

He would glance at me every so often during the meal and in between conversation. With these looks, he didn't seem angry or like he was experimenting. Maybe he was looking for what Jessica saw immediately, my sadness.