Taking Him Out

"Are you ready?" He smiled at me. I giggled and turned around, leaning against the counter.

"Ready for what?" I asked, sitting my glass down. He was extremely happy, a little kid in a candy store. I watched silently as he explained to me what we were doing. His eyes lit up and his hand movements were too quick for me to understand.

"We're going out, so I ought to take you on a date." He started, making my smile widen. "I mean, you've never really seen London, so why not just have a day out? We can grab lunch then have a late dinner?" He was so hopeful.

"Since when did we start going out?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. I grabbed my glass and took a drink, moving around him. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I could feel his chest move against my back.

"Lindzay, will you be my girlfriend?" He whispered in my ear. I turned around and kissed him softly.

"Of course." I said, leaning my forehead against his.

"Stop making out in the kitchen." Josh said. "We eat in here."

"I'll let you know when I'm ready." I told Simon after giggling at Josh. As I left, I heard them talking.

"Josh. She said yes." Simon said, making me smile.

"Why wouldn't she have?" Josh asked, making me wonder why Simon would have thought I would say no. I shook it off and headed upstairs. I got dressed, slipping on some jeans and a black cami. I brushed out the few tangles in my hair and added a little bit of make-up. I smiled, wondering to myself why Simon wanted to take me out.

I grabbed my glass of water, although it was pretty much empty. I headed downstairs and  was met by Simon in some joggers and a grey top. His hair seemed newly done and and when he saw me, a smile fell on his lips. I blushed and sat my cup in the sink.

"Ready?" He asked, grabbing my hand.

"Yep." I said. He led me to his car and our adventure started. He was talking over the soft music coming from the radio. He wasn't necessarily talking about where we were going, but just about life. He was going on about his brothers trying to make him a Man United fan, but he was a Leeds fan. He was talking about how fish made him sick to his stomach, but he wasn't allergic. His eyes would glance over to  me once in a while, smiling at me.

"Simon." I said as a light turned red. He looked over at me.

"Why were you surprised I said yes to being your girlfriend?" I looked over at him, biting my lip.

"I'll tell you when we get there." He said, driving. It was silent, not the comfortable kind. I shifted in my seat, laying my head against his arm. I watched as the light of the sun bounced off the other cars. I smiled every time Simon told me a story. Finally arriving at a huge ferris wheel, Simon led me over to the line.

"This is the London Eye." He said, looking up at it. I smiled to myself as he went on about the history behind it. I was only half listening, too caught up in the way he was trying to impress him.

"What?" He asked, frowning at me.

"Why were you surprised I said yes to being your girlfriend?" I asked him.

"Come here." He moved us out of line. Not that I minded, his hands were warm against mine.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"You're pure. Your parents treated you like shit, your sister rarely calls or texts you. You don't openly talk in a large crowd unless you know them. Your eyes light up when they see something they like, when they see me. I couldn't have been luckier to find my soulmate, to find my forever, so young. I have the ability to make you the happiest girl in the world. I've fucked up before, and I'll try my hardest not to do it again. I love you Lindzay, and I'm confused as to why you love me." He explained. I pulled him closer to me, my back leaning against a wall.

"You make me happy. You saved me even when I didn't realize I needed saved. The way you talk, the way you walk, the way you say my name. Something, everything, about you drives me crazy. You saw the little note I wrote you yesterday. It's difficult to say when I fell in love with you. Maybe in the airport, maybe the night I had a nightmare. It doesn't matter. I love you. Don't doubt it." I told him. He kissed me softly and slowly, making me go crazy. I heard the click of a camera and he pulled away.

"Sorry, it's just. I overheard it and you guys are an extremely cute couple. Do you mind if I have this picture?" This girl asked. She seemed around 15, young and optimistic.

"I don't mind, as long as I get it." I said, looking at Simon. His face was a shade of light red.

"Yeah, just send it to her." Simon let me go so I could give the girl my number.

"So, what's your name?" I asked her.

"Amelia." She replied.

"Thank you." I told her.

"Of course." She shrugged and walked back to her little group of friends. They started laughing and she shook her head.

"Did you have more stuff planned?" I asked Simon as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Yeah, but we can do anything." He said. I was glad spring was pretty much here. March was still quite cold, but definitely no snow yet.

"Can we go to a park?" I asked, blushing softly.

"And do what?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. He was already leading me back to the car.

"Swing." I said. Simon smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"Anything for you." He said, his blue eyes twinkling as he spoke.