Merlin and Harry Potter 2: How Are You?

Many weeks had passed and Emrys had grown more accustomed to the modern day uses of magic. He loved being able to use magic so much so that as the adults taught him what he needed to know for a fifth year at Hogwarts, he advanced in his studies quite quickly. Even after all the ecstasy he felt before, he could not contain his excitement at the thought of going to Diagon Alley, which his friends had described as nothing short of heaven. This excitement and instinctual happiness blared through in his ridiculously wide grin that never left his face. 

Contrary to the original plan Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would bring Emrys along with them to get school supplies, whilst the other students would continue their packing. Emrys had no idea what was happening to Mrs. Weasley that made her go about the house smiling more than she ever had in his presence muttering every other minute about Ron being prefect. He didn't know what this meant, so Emrys instead resigned himself to remaining ignorant and being happy for his friends all the same. 

Emrys' mood dampened slightly as he and the Weasley's stepped into the green fire, remembering the conversation he'd, 'accidentally' heard the night before. Since it was technically his first year at Hogwarts he'd need to get items that everyone else already had, and the new books fifth years needed. He felt guilty that he didn't remember anything from his past, so he could not know whether he did indeed have money of his own to use, which meant he would have to encroach on the people who'd already given him more than he deserved, in his opinion.

The melancholy feeling disappeared in an instant, retreating to the back of his mind at the sight before him when the fire of the Floo network subsided. Shops lined a cobbled street selling, to his eye, anything under the sun. Bright colors and sweet smells assaulted him and he relaxed at the feeling of general ease about him. Quickly Mr. Weasley held his elbow and guided him with Mrs. Weasley towards a tall white and crooked building ahead.

     "Gringotts, it's the wizard's bank Emrys." Mr. Weasley whispered to him. Emrys stared at the imposing building with wide eyes. Before he could study it more he was whisked away and passed through several layers of security. There was an inscription on two big doors, but again he was moved away too fast to read it. They entered a tiled room that held many small creatures moving about busily. Emrys frowned and looked at Mr. Weasley for answers.

     "They're goblins Emrys. They manage the money." Emrys nodded though he felt uneasy. Something about goblins and gold drew a feeling of dread from him. However he distracted himself from the feeling by focusing on Mrs. Weasley in front of him. She approached a desk and said,

     "Weasley's vault, for a withdrawal." The goblin in front of her narrowed his eyes and studied her, then Mr. Weasley and Emrys in turn. When Emrys felt the gaze of the goblin upon him, he felt nervous and tried to look anywhere but the goblin.

     "And does Mister Emrys wish to make a withdrawal as well?" he asked in a raspy voice. Emrys froze and paled. How did this creature know him? He forced himself to study the goblin, though nothing seemed familiar. 

     "How do you know me? Have we met before?" Emrys asked in a rushed and urgent tone. Perhaps now he'd find something out. The goblin looked slightly shocked at his reaction, and instead studied him more closely. Realization flashed into the goblins eyes, before he hid it behind a mask.

     "Indeed" he seemed to mutter, before scooting out from his desk and leading the way to some carts. Emrys hesitated to follow, unsure why the goblin was now so stoic. Mr. Weasley's eyes flashed between goblin and wizard, trying to piece together the same puzzle Emrys was. Settling in the cart Emrys opened his mouth to ask more, but shut it when he saw the Weasleys shaking their heads. Though he could tell they were just as confused as he they seemed to want to drop the matter. The cart ran fast along rails Emrys wasn't too sure were stable enough for the speeds. Despite this he couldn't help but smile at the exhilaration. The Weasley's didn't seem to enjoy the ride as much as he. They stopped in front of a vault, and before anything else happened Mrs. Weasley exclaimed,