... and a Hulk

Another encounter of our mysterious heroes and the Avengers.

   "Merlin?!" Steve exclaimed. The warlock spun from his fight against a reanimated soldier.
   "Steve!" The man grinned. Merlin flicked his wrist and the corpse flew away as he walked toward the Captain.
   "How have you been? When was it we last hung out, Halloween right?" Merlin rambled, holding his hand out. Steve nodded, pulling the Brit in for a hug.
   "Yeah, something like that. Is --" the star-spangled man with a plan was interrupted by another zombie. Steve slammed his shield on its head, knocking it clean off. The body stumbled for a minute before collapsing.
   "Anyway, is everyone else here?"
   "Oh, yeah, they're somewhere around." Merlins eyes flashed and a ghoul-like cadaver imploded. Steve nodded and called over the coms,
   "Sector 5 NW clear. I also found an ally. Regroup at sector 7."
..........................................

After clearing all sectors of the 'zombies' Steve found himself amongst a veritable horde of people. Arthur's group had the majority, but the Avengers could give as good as they got.

Somehow the reincarnates had avoided SHIELD and her allies, becoming an unaffiliated group of heroic vigilantes. Steve loved them for it, especially since everytime they escaped coming into contact with SHIELD Nick Fury would pop a vein on his forehead and sigh disappearing for hours. Clint swore the director took bubblebaths during these times.

Arthur and his knights had been extremely helpful numerous times. Such as today, or that time someone released a goblin, or that other time when a museum was possessed. Steve shivered at the memory. So many artifacts.

   "So, how did y'all find out about this doo daw?" Vision asked in an attempted southern drawl. After gaining sentience the AI turned man had been experimenting. It seemed the coding Tony had written for JARVIS' accent could not be altered. Visions attempts at changing his voice like everyone else would had been hilarious thus far.

   "We... we felt something wrong. In the balance." A young man spoke quietly. Arthur had called him Mordred. He was slightly off in Steve's opinion. For the most part he just stared unblinkingly at everyone like a judgemental cat. Only Morgan's and Merlin seemed to get him to act normally.

   "The balance?" Tony asked, curious. Steve also focused more on the conversation. The reincarnated rarely talked of there own abilities.
   "He means the balance between life and death. We watch it, guard it and control it. Ya know just a normal day." Morgan's said, smirking.

   "Well, look at the time," Merlin stated loudly, eyes wide and pointed in Arthur's direction.
   "Yes. We should go. Ta--Ta!" And with a whoosh of leaves and golden eyes they were gone.

Steve turned to Natasha.
   "Do you know what that was?"
   "They could want to keep their knowledge and powers secret from us. Or they heard the recall order Fury just gave Clint and I." Steve sighed and shook his head.

Nick was about to enjoy some Hawaiian scented bubbles tonight.
----------------------
I do not own either groups
PS sorry for spelling mistakes. I wrote this on my phone.