Prologue to The Woes of Agent E and Grace Morgan

So this is a prologue/sneak peak to a new thingie I've been writing for this book. Hope you enjoy.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000

Old. That's all that crossed my mind as I studied the man before me. I'm talking soft, wrinkly, and grey. What didn't make sense was he seemed to to be more in touch with modern times than most teenagers, with styled clothes, and neat hair.

     "Can I help you or . . . " I trailed off. He blinked and continued to stare at me. There was something unnerving about his brown eyes.

     "Why do you ask?" Great. Answer a questioning statement with a complete bloody question.

     "Ermm, well you are kind of staring at me." I answered. He smiled slightly.

     "No I'm afraid I'm not in need of assistance." He spoke quietly. I didn't say anything, instead turning to walk around him. He held out his arm and grabbed my shoulder with a dirty hand. I froze and tried to breathe. I knew what this was and I didn't want it. He patted my shoulder, and when I turned my head to look he was gone. I clenched my hands and ran to the nearest washroom. Quickly I felt under my shirt and found the slip of paper. I was pretty sure I knew what was written on it even before I started to open it.

There writ in black ink on paper red as blood, was her name. A cold feeling settled in my stomach and I started to feel the odd tingling sensation I always did when my emotions rose. I had to swallow and breathe deeply several times before I calmed. I dug the blade from the bag still on my back. Its green wooden handle gleamed against the pallor of my skin. I hid it in my sleeve and sighed.I was going to see her tonight, it would be the perfect time. Well then, Grace Morgan, it would seem it's time to say goodbye.

000000000000000000000000000000000

So Agent E and Grace Morgan, we'll see what is to happen. Hehe, this is going to be fun.

God bless,

Sereh