Bored 2 (Procrastination)

So I actually have homework to do, but I really don't want to, so my old nemesis procrastination has made an appearance . . . and it's only the first full week of school!

A sequel/partner to 'Bored', because I can and I don't want to read a bunch of history text books when I can retreat to imagination.

Merlin stared with wide eyes as his friend Arthur talked to the kid with the gun. He was pretty sure they were both insane, but he wasn't about to say so right then. He was one of the many high school students now cowering on the floor, and he felt guilty. Will was on the other side of the intersection and squatting as if ready to jump in at any moment.

Merlin cursed the boy and silently begged him not to do anything brash. He and Will had drifted once they entered high school, Merlins academic interest changing from Will's. It didn't help when Merlin found himself becoming a friend to the endearing Arthur and his group of friends. For some reason Will seemed to hate them and refused to even pretend to be neutral about it.

Now all their lives were under threat and all Merlin could think about was if he wouldn't get to redeem himself with the one boy who'd saved him from himself.

     "Kaden, you don't need to do this. There is plenty to live for, life will get better, I promise!"

     "You lie! You have it all so easy, unknowing of the worlds cruelty! Now I'm showing it to you!" Merlin held his breath as the elder class men cocked his forearm. He stood up quickly and edged towards Arthur, determined to push the blond out of the way of Kanen decided to fire. Arthur blinked and raised his hands to show peace he took a step forward.

     "You aren't going to shoot me Kaden. You know you won't do it." Kaden glared at Arthur as his hand shook. Arthur took another step closer.

     "You have friends here, all you have to do is ask and I know they will give the help you crave." Kaden narrowed his eyes and sheared at the younger man. His hand stopped shaking.

The next few seconds were all a blur to Merlin as he called out at the gunshot and ran for his friend knowing he would be too late. He fell, his blond hair slightly damp with nervous sweat, his face going pale. Merlin stared in shock as Arthur punched Kaden, knocking him out cold. The tart tang of blood lot the air and students screamed fleeing.

Merlin fell to his knees in the dark puddle of blood pooling from Will. His vision blurred as he grabbed Will's head, calmly stroking it. Will gasped and looked at Merlin with blank eyes before he smiled.

     "Glad you're a-alright Merlin." Merlin couldn't bring himself to speak, instead untying his neckerchief and placing it on the wound.

     "It-it's not too bad. I'm sure you'll get through it." Will chuckled darkly at Merlins forced optimism.

     "Yeah, and I'm sure you will too." Will bit his lip and looked Merlin deep in the eyes, the look they shared explaining more than ten thousand words could. They forgave each other, and knew each other again as they had so long ago.

     "M-Merlin, looks l-like now you're Arthur's weirdo." Merlin smiled slightly at the memory from the early days. He nodded and cried patting Will's head. The patch of red gre larger. Will's breath strained, and blood painted his lips. He gave Merlin a grin before his eyes turned glassy, and blank. 

Merlin shook as he held the cooling body closer, unwilling to let go, or even move. The still warm blood soaked into his clothes, but he didn't care. He should've stayed with Will, he should've never let him drift away. Even though his friend had forgiven him, guilt tore through his heart.

He heard a howl of pain, and wasn't entirely too sure it wasn't his own. Strong hands were suddenly on his shoulders dragging him back, away from Will. Merlin struggled and fought as his classmates body was covered and taken. He stopped struggling. 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A few months after the funeral everything seemed to have died down, calming and going back to as normal as possible. Like everything life continued on. Merlin devoted himself to his studies and his friends, determined to never let such guilt enter his heart again. He took Will's words to heart, and he became the best weirdo to ever walk the earth.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ta-dah! Not as good as the first in my opinion, but then again, the sequels usually aren't ever as good as the originals. 

I know I'm sorry, but for some reason I had to kill Will. I've no idea why, it just seems like if he's ever in any of my stories he dies, much like Leomon in the Digimon franchise.  

Sereh