Chapter Eight

Niall’s POV

After I dropped Emily off in the basement I stormed upstairs, pissed at Zayn. This was never in our plans. I searched the living room and can’t find him. I looked in the back three rooms and still nothing. It’s when I get to the kitchen that I see a note on the fridge.

Had to get food. Geez Ni calm down on the snacking! :)

Z

I roll my eyes and plop on the sofa flipping on the television hoping to find something to calm my nerves. The door opens and in walks Harry. He looks nervous and I can’t tell what for. I watch in silence as Harry paces the room back and forth.

“I can’t find it!” He yells clenching his hands into tight fists.

“What are you talking about?” I ask not really caring as much as I should but its just Harry freaking over probably nothing.

“My chain! I can’t find it. I’ve searched everywhere!” Harry exclaims sitting on his recliner flicking his damn lighter.

I hate when he does that. Especially when I’m already annoyed. I just sigh trying to figure out a plan to when Zayn returns and flipping through television channels. I land on a newsbreak and decide to watch it ignoring Harry and his mumbling to the right of me in his chair.

“There have been mysterious fires in random areas of London. Police say all the fires are connected and could possibly be traced to the Triad murders. In this picture there is a clear three burning that matches the burns that are left on each victim. At the scene of one fires, a chain was left with a copper compass medallion. If you know of this chain belonging to anyone please contact your local authorities.” The news changes topics and I feel my anger rise and blood boil as I look over at Harry.

Harry’s eyes are wide and he looks like a frightened child but all I can see is red. I lunge at Harry not even caring that we both fall to the ground with a hard thud. I punch him in the face while Harry flicked his lighter burning my hand and pushing me off of him. Before either of us can move again the front door reopens and Zayn walks in with grocery bags.

“What’s going on?”

“I don’t know Zayn you tell me. It could be the fact that Harry left his fucking necklace at one of his burn sites or the fact that you raped one of the girls!” I yell causing Zayn to glare at me.

“You did what Zayn? How could you do that!” Harry speaks and Zayn practically ignores him still keeping his eyes on me.

“Shut up Harry. This is grown up business and you have no right to speak right now. What you did was careless.” Zayn growls and I scoff. Did he really think he was in the place to talk about people’s behaviors?

“Yeah and what you did was reckless. What if she had an std or gets pregnant!”

“I’m sorry are you catching feelings Horan?” Zayn gives me a cocky grin and pulls something out of his pocket. “Take them.” He takes out two pills offering them to Harry and I.

“I don’t want to.” We respond at the same time trying to hold our ground but failing by flinching when Zayn steps closer to us.

“You can either take them by choice or by force.” Zayn speaks flatly before placing the pills in Harry’s hands and mine.

Harry and I look at one another for a short period of time before popping the pills Zayn always gives us when he thinks we are ‘catching emotions’. This is his way of keeping us level headed, if that’s what you can even call it. Zayn leaves Harry and I in the kitchen and walks to his room locking it shut.