Chapter Fourteen

Liam’s POV

These past few days have went by like the wind. Through all the interviews and stories I’ve had to tell, I’m honestly exhausted. I am finally able to go home, much to Louis’ dismay, hence why he is staying with me for the time being. It’s not weird just annoying at times. Especially when he thinks just because I have a wheelchair for the time being he has to treat me like a baby.

“I got it Lou.”

“Liam, just let me get it.” Louis tries to step in front of me but I roll over his foot. “Ouch!”

“Oops.” I smirk and open the door by myself.

We step inside the room and see her. She looks better than she did when we rescued her, but still pretty bad. Apparently she won’t speak to anyone but Harley or Clover. Of course the two girls are in the room with her and for that I’m grateful.

“Detective Payne, detective Tomlinson.” Clover smiles and we do the same.

“Nice to see you girls.” I roll my self next to the bed and watch Emily give me a slight smile.

“Thank you.” She whispers and my eyes go wide.

I wasn’t expecting her to talk, especially not to me. “I was doing my job.”

“Yeah, but you didn’t have to run in a burning house.” Harley speaks and I laugh.

“I guess not.”

“Sorry about that.” Harley looks down at my bandaged leg and I shake my head.

“Don’t be.”

“So how have you all been feeling?” Louis chimes in and they each shrug.

“I think we are feeling like three girls that escaped the hands of three serial killers.” Clover speaks and then squints her eyes. “Sorry about my crude attempt of humor.”

“That’s quite alright.” Louis smirks. “Were the other detectives nice to you when asking you all questions?”

“Yeah. We would have rather it have been you two, but we made do.” Clover runs her fingers through her hair and Emily laughs lightly.

“We decided that we are going to move in together.” Harley grins and I nod my head.

“That’s nice.”

“Yeah, we just feel like…” Clover goes to finish but Emily cuts her off.

“They feel like I’m not safe on my own.”

“We feel like we’d all be better if we were together.” Harley speaks matter of factly and I laugh.

“Well that’s nice too.”

“So have you all found them yet?” Clover speaks looking directly at Louis and he sighs. “Take that as a no.”

“We’re trying our hardest. We found the car they were driving along the road. We just can’t seem to find them yet.” Louis speaks and I nod in response.

“We really are trying. Hell they have to physically remove me from my desk every night.”

“True statement.” Louis nods and the girls laugh.

“We really do want to say thank you. For you know everything. Not treating like we will break at any moment or beating around the bush when you talk to us it’s just… Thanks.” Harley speaks with the other girls nodding along with her.

“Will you tell my parents that they can come see me.” Emily speaks suddenly and is looking right at me.

“What?”

“Every time they come and see me, I always tell the nurse to tell them to leave. Or I wouldn’t speak to them and I think it’s because I felt like they would be mad at me for not putting up more of a fight or something and I don’t want them to hate me. So will you tell them that I’m ready to see them? Please.”

“Yeah. Of course.” I give her hand a rub and am surprised when she doesn’t flinch away from my touch.

With most rape victims it’s the same. They are very to themselves. Most of the time they don’t speak to loved ones or anyone for that matter. It’s really hard for them, so I’m proud that Emily has come such a long way in such a short period of time.

“Thanks.”

“Em we have to go finishing our leasing stuff, alright?” Clover speaks and Emily nods.

“We will be back in a little while.” Harley reassures her.

“I’ll be fine.”

The two girls leave and now it’s just Louis and I in the room.  Emily sighs before looking at me and giving me a smile.

“I’m going to go, check on some stuff.” Louis mumbles and leaves.

“Thank you.”

“You’ve already said that.” I chuckle and she does the same.

“I know, but still. I thought I was going to die in there. Did you know that?”

“No, I didn’t.” She looks away from me and toward the ceiling.

“After uh Zayn raped me, I tried to kill myself. Niall went to clean me up, Zayn’s orders of course and he left me in the tub for a minute or two, I don’t even know. But I dunked my head in the water and was going to drown myself.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You never think about the importance of things until you’re left with nothing.”

“Very true.” I nod my head and she sighs once again.

“I hope you catch them. And not so I can see their faces for closure or so I can watch them go off to prison, but so no other girl has to go through what I went through. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. Hell I wouldn’t even wish this on the bitch of a cheerleader who stole my boyfriend back in school.” Emily gives out a dry laugh and I do the same. “How are your legs?”

“Ah they’re alright. Have to get them rebandaged today. But they should be back to somewhat normal in a few weeks.”

“That’s really good. I guess you should be going so you can, get your legs checked out.” She grins and I nod.

“Yeah. I will see you later alright?”

“I’ll be here til the morning.” I nod and roll my way to the door. “Oh and Liam?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for being a friend.”

I nod and roll myself out her room, and to the burn unit.

It’s been six months since the girls have been found. Things have been going really well for them. All of the girls live together now in a flat in downtown London. They like it alot. I’ve been over there a few times to check up on them, and Louis seems to always be over there to check up on Clover.

I’m happy for them even if it’s a pretty lengthy age gap. And as for me well my bandages are off my legs. I have some pretty ghastly scars but it’s not that big of a deal to me. With the bandages off, the wheelchair back at the hospital, and Louis gone, my home is the way it was before. Quiet. No so much peaceful, just quiet.

I’m sitting in my recliner reading the newspaper when I hear a knock at my door. I place the paper down and open the door only to stop dead in my tracks.

“Nice to see you detective Payne.”

(A/N I know I know you all hate me because cliffhanger!!!!! Ugh so who do you think is at the door?!?!? And what do you think is going to happen next chapter!!! Oh the anticipation!!!! Drop a comment, vote, share and all that other shizz!! Love ya!!! Xx)