Chapter 1

They walk down the street. Hand in hand. Silver hair against brown. The girl is slightly smaller, her green eyes shinning in the sun. The boy is muttering under his breath in an unusual accent, the girl responds with the same accent as they walk though the large gates and towards the usual bench. The girl looks upset today. Dark circles are growing under her eyes. The boy however just looks extra protective.

"They're weird you have to admit"
"They've only been here for a week!"
"Where are they even from?"
"I don't know but their accents are weird"
"And that's why you think they're weird?"
"No..."
"You've got to admit the thing the girl did last Tuesday was creepy"
"It was obviously someone joking around"
"Oh so the textbook just landed on Leo's head then?"
"No..."

People mutter conversations like this all around them. New kids normally can fit in. Everyone wants to be friends with them. To show off. But for some reason these twins gave off a strange aura and nearly everyone stayed away from them. They just stared. And whispered.

"They're looking at us again"
"Don't swear at them again Pietro" the girl laughs under her breath.
"They deserved it!"
"I don't want to get in to any fights. You should know that"
"They deserved it Wanda" Pietro sighs
"Fighting only makes things worse and it just increases the chance of being found out. Please can you stay out of things? For my sake?"
She looks up at her brother, her eyes wide and worried.
"Fine" Pietro mutters "But if they get too carried away...so will I"
"Let's just get to English" Wanda sighs "And get a seat at the back. I hate this staring"

They get up and instantly people start to move out of the way. Pietro looks furious but Wanda squeezes his hand hard looking down at her feet.

Just before they enter the building a group of kids walk out, laughing in loud voices.
"Hey!" The dark brown haired one stops the twins in their tracks "Your the new kids aren't you?"
"Yes" Pietro says clenching his fist.
"Woah calm down grandpa hair!" The boy laughs "We don't want to hurt you"
"What did you just call me?" Pietro scowls
"Pietro" Wanda mutters under her breath "He isn't worth your time"
"Don't mind him. He's always like this" The smallest of the group,a skinny blonde boy with glinting blue eyes steps toward"I'm Steve"
Wanda smiles and nods but Pietro is still eying the brown haired boy up and down.
"And I'm Tony!" The boy grins "That's Thor" he gesters towards to a muscly blonde haired boy this time with long hair tied in a bun.
Pietro snorts.
"You think my name is funny do you?" The boy glares down at Pietro "Tony keep calling him grandpa hair it's fine with me"
Tony grins like an excited child.
"Okay grandpa hair" he continues "this is Bruce"
A shy looking boy with curly brown hair and glasses smiles at them before looking back down.
"He doesn't like people that much" Tony laughs "This is Natasha"
The only girl in the group smiles flirtatiously at the twins. She has short red hair and is wearing all black.
"And this is Clint"
"Not that anyone cares" the last boy retorts. He scowls at Tony.
"Anyway" Tony continues, ignoring Clint "We've seen that you're kinda struggling to fit in and so did we. So if you want to hang around with us at any time that's all cool I guess"
Wanda smiles and is about to respond when Pietro interrupts.
"Thank you" he smiles sarcastically "but no thank you"
And he grabs Wanda's hand and drags her inside.
"What!" Tony's voice echos down the corridor "but Steve I tried to be nice!"
"You just don't appeal"Steve laughs
"But I'm rich!"
"Exactly!"

"What was that for?"Wanda snaps pulling her hand away from Pietro's.
"I didn't like that Tony guy"
"All he did was joke about your hair!"
"No I recognize him" Pietro sighs "And not as someone good. I know him from somewhere but I don't know how"
"But the others seemed nice" Wanda jogs a little to catch up.
"That Thor guy is weird. Who calls their child Thor?"
"Who calls their child Wanda?"
"I didn't like that Clint guy's attitude" Pietro snaps.
"What is wrong with you today?" Wanda yells twisting her hand under her sleeve stopping Pietro in his tracks.
"And I thought we were avoiding being found out" Pietro laughs sarcastically
"You're suddenly judging people like they judge us"
"I know that Tony guy" Pietro mutters to himself frantically "common Pietro think!"
"Let's just get to English." Wanda sighs "we will talk then"
"Fine" Pietro laughs "Can you let me go please"
"Oh yeah"
*
"Pietro Maximoff?"
"Yes"
"Wanda Maximoff?"
"Yes"
Pietro scowls at Wanda from his desk. They had been moved. Pietro is now at the front. Wanda is still at the back but next to Tony who is playing with his ridiculously expensive phone.