Chapter 7

"Peter"
Tony picks up his phone as soon as it rings. It's an unknown number but he suspected it all along.
"Tony" Peter's voice sounds slightly lower
"Changed your phone number I see?"
"Off course"
"And you've finally hit puberty!" Tony exclaims with a false enthusiasm
"We haven't seen each other since we were thirteen" Peter laughs "I am a normal human you know despite being super fast and all"
His tone is full of self confidence, something him and Tony posses too much of.
"So what is it?" He sighs "My old phone which I didn't even know that worked has suddenly being lighting up with messages. You, Steve, Nat. Everyone. All they're saying is that I need to come back and it's important. You never told me why. Bit vague to be honest"
"So is who you actually are" Tony retorts
"Ahhhh got past my little mind games did you?" He sounds slightly disappointed
"Bruce knew all along" Tony says impatiently "anyway we're off subject. You need to come back"
"Why though?"
"We met these... kids" Tony doesn't want to say too much in the interest of safety
"By kids do you mean ten year olds who want to be part of your little squad?" Tony is sure Peter is grinning his goofy grin at the other side of the line
"No kids our age" Tony sighs glaring down at his feet "Twins to be exact"
"Oooo are they the kind that are conjoined?" He sounds excited
"I'm calling you because this might effect you. Conjoined twins are nothing to do with you! Unless they're weirdly fast like you"
"Oh" Peter says his tone now disappointed "Why do I need to come then"
"We can't tell you" Tony says trying to sound firm "If you just trust us and come"
"Oh Tony" He sounds extremely amused and is probably grinning full on now "I wish you wouldn't of asked me. Would of ruined the surprise"
Tony furrows his eyebrows, confused.
"What surprise?"
"I'm coming back!" He announces loudly and then laughs at Tony's stunned silence "We've being planning it the last month. I'm coming back to school and everything"
"Really?" Tony says, shocked "When?"
"In a week!" Peter sounds overjoyed probably because he hated leaving in the first place "Then you can tell me why you need me. See you later Stank!"
And he hangs up. Grinning to himself Tony starts to text Steve while wondering how long this Tony Stank joke has been going on for.
                                 •
"Did you like the cookies?"
Steve sits behind Wanda, who is cross legged on the carpet as usual, putting  her hair in to two plaits again.
"They were great" Wanda smiles "Pietro got a bit angry that I ate so many though"
"You never understand the importance of a healthy diet" Pietro sighs
He stands at the door in his black jacket, tracksuit and trainers. Steve had told him there was a place he knew where he could run freely without being spotted.
"Are you sure you will be okay alone here?" He asks worriedly, looking down at his sister with concerned eyes
"I won't be alone" Wanda grins "Stark is coming to talk to me remember?"
"Ah Stark" Pietro scowls up at the ceiling "when will he be here Steve?"
"Any time now" Steve says heaving himself up from the carpet "There you go! Done!"
Wanda stands up and joins him at the mirror. He is truly tiny. Smaller and skinnier than Wanda despite Wanda looking younger than she really is. She looks at herself. Her hair looks slick and shiny in the neat little plaits, her eyes shine in the light giving her a look of excitement.
"I love it" she turns to smile at Steve
"I'm a master at this" Steve grins proudly " I should do your hair Pietro!"
"Oh I'm sure he'll love that"
Wanda and Steve turn around. Tony stands there lazily in a very expensive looking jacket. His hair is messy and his brown eyes sparkle with amusement. He is grinning at Steve's joke, showing off his shining white teeth.
"Hello Miss Maximoff" he smiles, stepping in to the shed
Pietro stands beside him, obviously taller. His expression is full of dislike and disgust.
"Stark" he spits out the word like its a disease
Tony looks up shocked and then laughs a loud genuine laugh.
"Nice to see you Pietro" he grins maliciously
"I can't agree, I'm afraid" Pietro's blue eyes glitter with rage, his fists clenched "you hurt my sister"
"That's why I'm hear" Tony straightens himself up slightly "now would you...move"
He makes an awkward gesture, signalling Pietro to get out of the way. Pietro gives Wanda a look with his eyes, a worried look then one last glare at Tony before disappearing in a flash, a blue streak following him.
"Woah" Tony looks genuinely impressed "that blue stuff afterwards. Stylish"
He turns back around to Steve and Wanda still grinning his big grin.
"Off you pop Stevie boy" he says
Steve sighs, shaking his head and walks past him muttering something while he goes.
"So Wanda!" Tony claps is hands together
Wanda stares straight at him. She feels the energy coursing through her body. But she's doing this for a reason. She needs to stay in control.
"Stark" she says, trying to keep her face as expressionless as possible
She sits down on her neatly made up bed. Tony sits opposite it her briskly.
"It's very tidy isn't it?" He says looking around at where he is sitting
"Pietro likes it that way" Wanda shrugs, looking down at her shoes
"He's very on the edge isn't he... your brother?" Tony smirks "he becomes impatient with nearly everyone except you"
"It's in his personality"Wanda scowls up at Tony who chuckles at her angry expression "everyone is two slow for him"
"You're not,evidently"
"I'm his twin sister" Wanda tries to keep her tone as cold as possible
"I've always wandered what it's like to have a twin" Tony smirks "but I find it difficult to take care of myself let alone someone else"
"You know I can look in to your head right?" Wanda says, her green eyes staring in to his
"Yeah..." Tony looks uncertain "why?"
"Your scared right now" Wanda tilts her head slightly "You don't want to show it but you are. You're scared I might hurt you. You're scared you might not be able to redeem yourself"
Tony throws his hands in the air, his expression now totally serious.
"Busted" he mutters his brown eyes wide
Wanda smiles slightly. Sometimes using her power is fun and when it is she makes the most of it.
"So are you going to apologise or not?"
"Oh I don't think I will ever be able to apologise" Tony lowers his hands slowly
"I don't think I will ever be able to forgive you" Wanda smirks
"Well this is sorted then" he grins "I will try and redeem myself you know."
"Oh I'm sure" she gets up flattening the creases in her skirt with her hands "but I don't think my brother will be as friendly"
"Oh I'm sure" he gets up as well "well that was quick"
"Just like Pietro does it" she grins to herself and walks towards the tin on the chest of draws "cookie?"
"Don't mind if I do" he reaches forward and grabs one quickly as if expecting her to slam the lid shut
"Does your dad know about me?" Wanda asks setting the tin back down on the chest of draws
Tony shakes his head, his hair waving around slightly.
"Well he will one day" Wanda feels the energy of her hex in her veins again and clenches her fists behind her back so he doesn't see her do it "he will see how many lives he has ruined for the sake of what he calls peace"
"And find about what you can do?"
"He doesn't need to know me" Wanda glares "he just needs to see the destruction he has caused"
"You can never go back to Sokovia can you?" His eyes are even widen now. Wide with realisation.
"Never" she shakes her head "we're not even legally allowed in this country. If Steve gets hiding us then he will be in big trouble"
"Steve will never expose you don't you worry"Tony smiles slightly "we all trust him with our hearts"
"He's very nice" Wanda smiles back
"He's the kindest person I've ever known" Tony shrugs as if it is a simple fact "He stands for everything good"
"I hope Pietro doesn't get spotted out there then"
"Oh trust me" Tony chuckles "he won't"