Chapter 2

"Follow me!"
"Where are you taking me?"
"Somewhere private"
"Buckyyyy you know I have maths to study for"
"Oh screw that who needs maths when you have me"
"My future needs both"
"Steveeee stop being such a spoil sport."

They are alone now in a small alleyway made out of fading red bricks. Most people are huddled inside the packed canteen, hiding from the rain, splattering the courtyard.
"I'm soaking!" Steve laughs.
"Well we will have to get this over with quickly" Bucky grins his eyes crinkling at the corners
"Oh god I love you so much"

As they kiss in the falling rain Natasha and Clint watch from the distance under a shelter eating sandwiches out of small bags and glaring for no reason apart from the fact that they can.
"Idiots in love" Natasha sighs
"Yeah..."Clint sighs back biting down on a cucumber sandwich aggressively "Where is Bruce and Thor?"
"Where the hell do you think Bruce is?" Natasha rolls her eyes impatiently  "In a science lab"
"Thor?"
"He and Tony are trying to find those twins...you see Tony was the reason she got freaked out."
"Trust Tony" Clint groans
"He's a nice guy" Natasha says, her tone seems to be trying to convince herself "he just speaks his mind too much"
"And he's an obnoxious asshole" Clint laughs "Cucumber sandwich?"
"No!"
"Okay more for me then" Clint grins hungrily and bites in to the last sandwich "Did you know there is a rumour going around that her eyes went red?"
"The Maximoff girl?"
"Mmmm"
"Bullshit"
"Apparently she had a full on break down" Clint says now biting in to an apple after finishing the sandwich" her brother got angry and roasted everyone around them, made them go back in to class"
"You're treating this so lightly!" Natasha snaps, glaring angrily at Clint "I was talking to the nurse because she was covering our health class. I told her that we wanted to help them because they didn't fit in like us and that Tony had made Pietro angry and she told me not to tell anybody but I can trust you Clint"
"Tell anybody what?" Clint grins his mouth full of apple
"They were going to send her to a mental ward in the hospital"
"Whatttt..." A chunk of apple nearly falls out of Clint's mouth "Firstly why the hell did that nurse tell that to you of all people? Secondly how do you trust her...wait a sec you said they 'were' what happened?"
"That I don't know" Natasha sighs stealing one of Clint's chocolate bars out of his hand"but it is probably something to do with the fact that Tony and Thor can't find them"
"Hey don't take my kit-kat!"
"Oh for goodness sake" Natasha sighs throwing the bar back at him. "Your such a greedy little shit"
Clint grins before throwing his bag over his shoulders. A small black feather pokes out of the top.
"Clint you really shouldn't bring those to schools" Natasha sighs
"Self defense" Clint shrugs
"For what?"
"You know what" Clint looks uncomfortable and they stand awkwardly for a few seconds "Two lovers at 12 O'Clock watch out"
He nods over at Steve and Bucky who walk up to them, hand in hand. Both drenched in rain.
"Hi" Natasha smiles uncomfortably, looking up at the grey sky in embarrassment.
"Why are you so awkward around us?" Bucky laughs.
"Because love is for children" Natasha says "and children make me uncomfortable"
"Love makes me desperate" Clint sighs "But all I've got to love at home are chickens."
"Oh god Bucky I've got to go" Steve says checking his watch looking towards the closest door
"Awww noooo"  Bucky looks genuinely upset
"Love you" Steve says giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and starts to walk away.

As he walks away Bucky takes a step closer to Natasha and Clint. His expression is suddenly serious and his eyes twitching unnaturally.
"You heard about those Maximoff twins right?" He mutters
"Yeah?"
"They're not here. They escaped"
"How do you know?"
"I just know. There's something dodgy about them and they would be around here like they always have every lunchtime."
Natasha slaps herself on the head.
"What was that for?" Clint snorts
"That's why the nurse didn't tell me anything else!" She cries furiously  "that's what the 'were' was for Clint!"
"What?" Bucky looks confused his eyes still twitching.
"Don't worry we will have to tell you later" Natasha says "but first we need to find Tony"
                              *
"Are you okay?" Pietro asks
He is out of breath and Wanda leans against the wall covering her face with her hands. The sounds of cars and people are loud and prominent.
"No" Her voice is muffled"what if they find us Pietro?"
"They won't when we're protecting ourselves. You put a protection around here this morning. We will be safe. And I will beat the shit out of anyone who tries to hurt you" he grins suddenly, mischievously.
"You would have such a huge crimal record if they found you!" Wanda laughs but her eyes don't show it
"They wouldn't manage to put me in prison"
"Well they nearly put me in a mental hospital"
Wanda bows her head again looking even more distraught.
"What happened to me today Pietro?"single tear runs down her cheek.
"It wasn't your fault it was that asshole Tony Stark!"
His words don't help at all. She slides down the wall, her eyes starting to grow red. Most people would step away but Pietro seems to be the only person Wanda trusts. He is still precocious though. He has never told her this but he feels helpless whenever she gets like this. He slowly reaches his arm around her crippling body. She shakes with energy, her veins glowing red.
"It's okay" Pietro whispers "I'm here. Its okay."
She falls in to his arms her whole body shaking.
"It's okay" he keeps muttering stroking her head. It's all he can do. It helps...eventually
She doesn't stop shaking for a full two minutes. They just stand there. Sister leaning against brother. When she finally starts to calm down she loosens her grip.
"You need to sleep" he says helping her stand up properly
"I can't sleep after this."
"Well you need to" Pietro's voice is suddenly stern "come on let's get you to sleep."