Chapter 3

Falling. Everything is falling. He outstretches his hands but he can't see them. Shinning black mess surrounds him. He can't escape. He can't stop it. Screaming. It takes him a second to realise that the screaming is coming out of his own mouth. It's uncontrollable. He can't stop it. He can't stop screaming. He can't stop falling.
*
"Well this is it"
Steve presses something on the side the the wooden wall and the small shed floods with light. It's a pretty tidy shed. But there is so much in it. In one corner boxes are pilled up neatly in one corner, full of books. A weird amount of American merchandise decorates a large chest of draws and the rest of the room is filled with more boxes.
"We like America" Steve blushes slightly and then straightens up a bit "Ummm you can sleep there"
He points towards two rickety camp beds covered in white sheets.
"We keep them here and then move them in our house for guests" he smiles"When was the last time you... slept in a bed?"
He looks slightly embarrassed by the question but Pietro smiles widely.
"We once found a mattress" he laughs "but we still care about hygiene...prefer stealing!"
"So not since..." Wanda breaks of suddenly "...since our parents..."
"Stark" Steve sighs looking embarrassed again "I am so sorry about him. He basically ruined your chance for a normal life"
"I snapped" Wanda looks down at her hands "it was partly my fault as well. I don't know how I could live a normal life with what I can do..."
"What can you do exactly?" Steve asks his face intrigued
"I don't exactly know" Wanda tilts her head slightly, raises her hand to her face and lets her red hex escape and dance around her fingers
"Woah" Steve's eyes fill with impressed wonder
"I can do something as well" Pietro looks slightly irritated
"Oh yeah what can you do?" Steve asks turning his head to Pietro. There's a hint of sarcasm in his voice
"I...I'm fast" Pietro says
"How fast?" Steve grins
"Very"
"I look forward to seeing that" Steve smirks and his blue eyes light up slightly "anyway have a good night. We'll discuss future arrangements later and oh you might want to board up that window. None of my family have been in here for years and it would be weird to suddenly see it lighten up"
"Thank you" Wanda smiles her green eyes glinting
"No problem" Steve looks very proud with himself "Also I knew a guy who is fast Pietro. I'll introduce him!"
"Like he can beat me!" Pietro scoffs
                                  *
Tony leans against the door of his bedroom, slowly sliding down to the floor. Anger and frustration for himself courses through his body. How could he be such an idiot? He is turning in to his dad more and more everyday. Pride. Selfishness. It's consuming him. He destroyed that girl. He exposed her. His dad already ruined her life. Now he had ruined it fully. Had they caught her yet? Locked her up? Because of him. Because of how reckless he is.

A small white dog bounds of his bed and towards him. He joins the dog by lying down on the carpeted, soft floor. Face to face. The dog pants frantically a look of worry in his eyes.
"What have I done Jarvis?" Tony mumbles "How could I of acted like that?"
He strokes the top of the dog's head gently as tears start to roll down his cheeks. He never cries. What is happening to him?
"I ruined someone's life" he whispers as the dog continues to pant "Look I'm crying! I never cry!"
The dog whimpers slightly as if feeling his pain.
"Steve hates me" he continues "Everybody at school is talking about me. They give me weird looks. They whisper behind my back"

The sun is setting through his window. A mixture of orange and pink blending in the sky. He is overwhelmed by how pretty it is. How he doesn't deserve to experience it.
"I'm a proper Stark now"
                                    *
Wanda and Pietro lie down on separate beds stretching out their hands so they can hold each other's.
"I can't believe this happened" Pietro sighs happily "so much in one day"
"How didn't Steve freak out full on when he saw what I could do?" Wanda says looking up at the wooden ceiling
"He said he knows some one fast. He accepted us immediately. He has very odd friends. I think he's known people like us before"
"You mean there might be people like us?" Her face lights up with sudden excitement
"I haven't seen you so happy in ages" Pietro grins proudly "And yes. We can't be the only ones!"
"That makes me happy" Wanda smiles gently "We just need to hide for the moment"